I Did It

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: I Did It

Post by Kellemora »

Nobody takes into account the HIGH NUMBER of Solar Flares which contribute to global warming.
Where we are in the solar flare cycle right now, which is normally around 25 flares, we are way up there, like 75 flares, or 50 higher than normal.

Pfizer themselves recently made a comment that they were wrong, they their vaccine is no where near as effective as they first thought. Two doses, plus a booster is not likely to keep you from getting Covid, but it may lessen the impact.

Interesting article. And it makes sense too!
yogi

Post by yogi »

It never was understood well because it never was explained well, but, vaccines will not and cannot prevent you from catching an airborne disease. That is why people are told to keep their distance and wear masks. Even then the transmission rate can only be reduced, not eliminated. The value of the vaccine is in what happens after you acquire the virus. Do you end up in a hospital or dead is determined by your immunization level. Vaccines increase that level.

Yep, there are numerous "natural" factors contributing to global warming and climate change. I have no disagreement with that fact. There are also man made contributions which are accelerating the the warming. I think it's irresponsible not to do something about those things over which we have some control.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I look at it this way, there is no cure for the common cold, there is no cure for the flu, and there will be no cure for Covid.
Way too much money can be made by BIG PHARMA to ever come up with a cure.
The LAST CURE ever made by Big Pharma was for Polio, and the inventor could not cure his wife without the world knowing about it, so they released that Cure.

People still talk about the Ozone Layer, when it has been proven time and time again, it was nothing more than a Government HOAX, perpetrated to gain more control over the people, enact laws, legislate taxes, licenses and fines.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Without getting into a semantics debate I'd just say there is no cure for any disease. If it exists at all in nature, a cure does not exist. I also am not prone to accept conspiracy theories and take a more pragmatic approach with my health. If I can do something to avoid an illness, I'll do that as well as I can. If getting the illness is unavoidable then I'll do my best to treat it with known good remedies. It's really that simple. I understand your concerns about big government and big business over which neither of us seem to have any control. Those fears and frustrations are legitimate, but there is a lot of science out there for the taking. Then again, for many folks it's a lot easier calling what they don't understand a hoax.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Are you saying we should trust Fauci? He's changed his mind at least 3 times a month for an entire year!

I think we can agree that the earth rotates in such a way that we have a sunrise, and a sunset.
The earth also orbits the sun, and this trip around the sun we call a year.

Now the Ozone Layer works on a 13 year cycle. It gets thicker for 6-1/2 years, then it gets thinner for 6-1/2 years
It has been doing this for thousands of decades unchanged.
There is a thin layer over the pole we call a hole. It runs on a seasonal cycle too.
One of these cycles is based on our yearly trek around the sun, and the other cycle has to do with our distance from the sun.

Nothing man has done, has changed this cycle, nor made it get any thinner or thicker than it has always done.
Fluorocarbons do not reach that high in our atmosphere to affect the Ozone Layer one iota.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Are you saying we should trust Fauci? He's changed his mind at least 3 times a month for an entire year!
Let he who has fixed notions and never learned to adapt to changes be the first person to cast aspersions. QED
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

ha ha!