Tweets - Notes to Self

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Tweets - Notes to Self

Post by Kellemora »

Veeery Innnteresting!
yogi

Post by yogi »

Michael Nöthem @mikandynothem

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.🤔
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Wish I had time to take a nap, hi hi.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Fact @Fact

Whenever you're feeling down, remember, you're the sperm that won
yogi

Post by yogi »

Fact @Fact

I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work - Thomas A. Edison
yogi

Post by yogi »

Glyn Moody Retweeted
Mathew Ingram @mathewi

CDC guidance says it is now acceptable for vaccinated individuals to put two spaces after a period
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Ha, I've ALWAYS used two spaces after a full stop! And I'm not about to change either!
Just because the original computer programmers messed up, don't mean I have to conform to THEIR errors!
yogi

Post by yogi »

Ms. WonderKat💫 Retweeted

ItsMeHelen @ItsMeHelenMary
I was going to tweet a really good Covid joke, but people just don’t get it like they used to.
yogi

Post by yogi »

SaltyGirl Retweeted
The Alex Nevil @TheAlexNevil

Establish dominance at a restaurant by bringing your own menu.
yogi

Post by yogi »

THE TAO OF NOW @InTheNoosphere

There are estimatedly
17,820,000,000,000,000 MOSQUITOS
in the world.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

And a good percentage of those are in lurking between my house and garage where I have to walk several times a day, hi hi.
yogi

Post by yogi »

UberFacts @UberFacts

The world's oceans contain enough gold to give every person nine pounds of it
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

True, but it would cost more than the value of gold to get it out, hi hi.

As an aside:
When I first moved down here to TN, I used to go up to the upper creeks and streams to pan for gold.
Learned a lot of secrets before I started, but didn't learn the ropes until I talked to others who were doing well at it.
I studied the methods of those who were making a living at it, and picked the equipment they were using with the best results.
I can say, I did make more than enough to pay for the equipment, including travel time, and working time up there.
I only knew of a couple of places to sell the gold, and learned they were ripping me off big time.
I finally found a guy who did me right, and even showed me how to test my gold before I went to the dealers.
I normally didn't go to the dealers, because he tested it in front of me and paid me only about 10% less than the dealers would.
So we ended up with a good working relationship for a couple of years.
He managed to get a government permit to work higher up in the mountains using much larger equipment and several workers.
I visited him up there only once and saw his operation. It was amazing what they were doing, and after they finished an area, you would never know they were ever there because they put everything back exactly the way it was, minus the gold of course, hi hi.
His long machine basically dug up the creek bed to a depth of about 2 feet, dumping each load on a conveyor that went through several sorting operations. It had at least 8 stages of sorting and separating, and at the end was a conveyor that dumped it all back in the creek and spread it out so it looked like the creek was untouched at the back of the machine.
He did tell me that about 15 to 20% of the fine gold dust washed through the machine and ended up back in the creek. The labor to filter out that fine gold was more than it was worth with what they were getting from the front end.
When he reached the limit of his permit, they took the machine apart into several sections and moved it to somewhere else he managed to get a permit for. I never saw him again after they moved out of where they were working, but did hear about him from time to time, and usually not very nice things from the gold panners, hi hi.

I had a cousin who dug up most of his dad's back yard, in Colorado, looking for gold. Never found any, hi hi.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Fact @Fact

There are 7 different kinds of twins: Identical, Fraternal, Half-Identical, Mirror Image, Mixed Chromosome, Superfecundation, Superfetation
yogi

Post by yogi »

The Associated Press @AP

Al Capone's granddaughters are auctioning off the Prohibition-era gangster’s personal items — including diamond-encrusted jewelry with his initials, family photographs and his favorite handgun.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

His house just sold for over 200 thousand, they were only asking around 120k for it.
yogi

Post by yogi »

UberFacts Retweeted

UberFacts @UberFacts

After Walmart opened stores in Germany, it had to scrap its policy requiring employees to smile at customers because German shoppers thought it was strange
yogi

Post by yogi »

CAP Action

@CAPAction
"If you are one of the millions of Americans who is paying around $1,000 a month for your insulin, for example, my Build Back Better plan...means that no one will pay more than $35 a month for the insulin." -@POTUS
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Does this mean one of my wife's currently 25 dollar vials of insulin will jump up to 35 dollars?
We've not seen any of her other insulin scripts drop in price, except for two months under Trump.
yogi

Post by yogi »

UberFacts @UberFacts

An octopus actually has 6 arms and 2 legs, not 8 legs