Exercise Time

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
Jen

Exercise Time

Post by Jen »

It's time to take my exercising seriously. It's been hit or miss at my nearby 24 Hour Fitness. I take classes there ... mostly Zumba (sort of a group dance class), and have been dabbling in yoga. This week I will also take a body sculpt class (probably a class where light weight dumbbells are utilized). I also take ballroom dance lessons weekly. But nothing really gets my heart rate up, which I believe is essential for good health (or so I've heard). So, I must get into exercising regularly. And I refuse to take walks (boring!). Perhaps somewhere down the road I'll incorporate 30 minutes every other day on the elliptical trainer. I WILL get into better shape.
yogi

Re: Exercise Time

Post by yogi »

All I can do is add you your assertion that exercise is a good thing. Those cardio exercises are great and will indeed benefit your health in the long run. I'd strongly encourage you to do some heavy heart pumping activity at least once a week. Being as old as dirt myself I can tell you from experience that you can't appreciate the benefits of exercising until you come down with some of those major stress causing diseases senior citizens are known to have. The extra reserve built up over the years while you were young enough to be active is literally a life saver. Besides, after you get into the habit, you will actually enjoy it and will miss not doing it. So go for it. There is nothing more beautiful than a female with a six pack on her tummy. LOL
Jen

Post by Jen »

LOL! I'll never achieve a six pack tummy, but will settle for having a strong core. This morning (Tuesday, September 24th) I went to a yoga class which - turns out - is tomorrow instead of today. The classroom was empty, so I spent 30 minutes on stretching all over. Found out my upper arms and upper back are terribly tight. Must work on those. I will add the elliptical trainer next month.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I have a group of exercises that I do at home 3 times a week without fail. The set I do was learned while I was in Cardiac Rehab at the hospital. I continued to go there for about a year, but thought why am I paying them 35 bucks a visit and paying for parking, plus the long drive over there, when I had all the machines except one at home.
Then my frau joined the brand new Planet Fitness that opened up near us. Since she's a member, if I go with her, I get in for free. I do their 30 minute workout, plus use the ergonometer I don't have, plus another stairstep machine besides.

After two heart attacks, I must do my exercises or my heart will quit working. Not so much worried about that since I will already outlive my lungs, hi hi.