RIP Alan Rickman

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Icey

RIP Alan Rickman

Post by Icey »

Awww, not an other one so soon after David Bowie and Lemmy! What a "great" start to the year.

Alan was a brilliant actor, who started out at RADA and the Royal Shakespeare Company. His stage shows then went to the US. RIP.
tomsk

Re: RIP Alan Rickman

Post by tomsk »

he didn't find fame till his early 40's...
a down to Earth fellow...not a luvvie..
x
Icey

Post by Icey »

Bet all the Harry Potter films'll be shown again. : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

not seen 'em..
good actor though and diamond geezer..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Oh bless, he's brilliant in those, T. Everyone loved to hate him, sort of thing, but the acting was superb. Very believable from a supposedly nasty teacher!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I like him in The die hard film and truly madly deeply as the sheriff of Nottingham..
Icey

Post by Icey »

He was excellent as the sheriff wasn't he? I can't remember him in Die Hard. Probably didn't even watch it! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

oh he was excellent,
a real nasty piece of work..
Icey

Post by Icey »

He was good at taking villainous parts. That's why he was so good in HP. He had the "look" when he wanted to be facially expressive, like a dark menacing stare, but he was also good at HOW he said his lines.
imhotep the 2nd

Post by imhotep the 2nd »

Very sad news about Alan Rickman, and passing away secretly from cancer at the age of 69. Same age as David Bowie another famous star who I liked as well who passed away from cancer. I so agree with you Icey when you said how Alan Rickman expressed himself when he said his lines.
A man of great talent indeed.
I have ALL of the Harry Potter films on DVD, and i will never part with them at all. Oh no, not ever.
I also have a First Edition hardback book called Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix, and I won this as a prize in a newspaper contest a long time ago, and was well pleased that I won it. I've read bits of it, but not all of it.
Oh yes, and I've also got all the Harry Potter video games on the Sony Playstation 1 and PS2 as well.

You can call me potty Potter mad if you like. :lol:

Last Friday (15th January) evening I watched the first ever Harry Potter film called, The Philosopher's Stone in memory of Alan Rickman.
Hadn't seen this film in ages and it was so good to see it once again. When it was time for Alan Rickman to appear in the film I thought what a brilliant actor he is. He really portrayed the character of Professor Snape so very well. No one could have played the part as good as he could.
As Tomsk mentioned he also plays a brilliant baddie too, as in the Die Hard film and as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

He will be sorely missed indeed, and he spoke poetry very well too.
RIP Alan :sad:
Icey

Post by Icey »

I loved him in the HP films. He was villainous, but there was a reason for it if you read all the books and watch the films. I HAVE seen all those - lots of times - because the children liked them. The books're slightly different to the films of course, because they can get more of the story squashed in, but the first 2 ( I think it was) were the best, because they were directed better. As Snape, Alan was unbeatable, I agree.

As you say, he was good in all his performances, and it was a shock to hear that he'd died. With Bowie and Lemmy, I could understand it more. They lived life precariously, but it's still a loss to the music world.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Rest in peace dear Alan..
Icey

Post by Icey »

I echo that.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

keep going then ...

Mwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Icey

Post by Icey »

:butt:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

RUDE!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Yes indeed! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

life is a rummy thing...
as I get older and more intelligent I do find myself thinking about our existence and all the beauty in our World and yet programmes like The Jeremy Kyle show exist...
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'd rather watch that than see pics of terrorists on the rampage.

Jeremy's shows're sad though. The guests are the most appalling crew I've ever listened to. The families're so dysfunctional that there's no hope for the kids and grandchildren.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I'd rather listen to the wireless..