Music

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Icey

Re: Music

Post by Icey »

Course I stayed awake! I slept all the way home though. : )

Yes, it'd be amusing to see Reg go off on one.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Oh he is a National...nay Worldly.....nay a universally institution...bless the old queen!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMM3MgS4yxc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfOwCEfce2w
Icey

Post by Icey »

:bleh:

:lmao2:

The second link was OK though!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

He's gor hair like a school dinner lady..
Icey

Post by Icey »

LOL!!! You must've had some strange-looking dinner ladies!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Hah, we did ,
food was good though!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Ours was fine as well, but whether it was or not, we had to eat it or starve. The choice was good though - a cafeteria system where you helped yourself, or sometimes we cooked our own feasts.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

lovely,
I remember a huge dollop of pink Blancmange passing as a pudding in primary school..
Icey

Post by Icey »

LOL! Now what was wrong with a blancmange??? Oh ... come to think of it, I'm not very keen on them anyway.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Icey

Post by Icey »

Interesting vid. Not so much the music!
imhotep the 2nd

Post by imhotep the 2nd »

Wow, oh yes I do like your first link by Taylor Swift Icey!
I've heard this song quite a number of times now and I'm a fan of her too. :grin:

I don't know if anyone likes synthpop as much as I do, but there's a band who I've been an avid fan of since they emerged into the pop world and they are Years & Years and I'm getting their album when it's released. I also like Trance music too.
The only music I have a dislike for is JAZZ and RAP. I find jazz music to messy for my liking and it can get too noisy for me.
As for rap, there are certain rap songs that I like, such as the BLACK EYED PEAS song "Where is the Love?" for example.
Look that song up on Youtube if you like, and I find the lyrics very meaningful and the chorus can be very emotional too.

Anyway, as for the Years & Years pop group, this is my favourite song from them so far, and I've often listened to it 3 or 4 times in a row.
The lead vocalist is Olly Alexander and he sure puts a lot of emotion into his singing and the music is nice too. I was gonna give you the Official video of the song, but I find the lyrics are the next best thing.
Enjoy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539dWR_-xF0

There is an instrumental version of it as well....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oeL8Al-S8Y
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hi imhotep. It reminds me of music I heard in the late 90's (from the 80's!). I went to a certain club a few times, where that sort of stuff was always played.

The only trouble with the lyrics you posted, is that the song's said to be about drugs, which I wasn't into.
imhotep the 2nd

Ah yes, you're right about the lyrics which are to do with drugs.
However I still like listening to the song despite what it's all about.
I will post the official song of it soon....
Icey

Post by Icey »

I can imagine you dancing away to it!! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

That music makes me want to puke!
Sorry guys , just being honest..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WGVgfjnLqc
Old gold yes but much more preferable..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Classic!
imhotep the 2nd

Gosh, i haven't heard that Ian Dury song in ages tomsk. I have heard it before on the radio and it's really good.
Sorry to hear that you didn't like the music which I posted. As you well know everyone has their own particular taste in music my friend.
I personally like anything except for jazz (too messy music for my taste) and some rap, although there are a few rap songs that I like, which I find quite meaningful such as the Black Eyed Pea's Where is the Love? song.
But any another type of music I'm quite open to, especially synthpop, Trance, classic, New Indie, New Age, etc.
I also enjoy songs of the past too, such as 80s, 90s and some 70s songs as well.
imhotep the 2nd

Icey wrote:I can imagine you dancing away to it!! : )
You are so spot on there Icey!! :grin:
:dance2:

Although I usually lie down and close my eyes when listening to more soothing music, such as Enigma, and others....
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hi imhotep! You want soothing? Try some Nightwish! : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGfKMV5AbMI

Maybe not quite your thing but they do some lovely ballads.