Well done, Dolly.

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Icey

Well done, Dolly.

Post by Icey »

This's our latest update re. the fires in the US .....
Tragic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38189295
yogi

Re: Well done, Dolly.

Post by yogi »

They claim arson was the cause of several of those fires. I used to think that was a depraved act. These days it's quite the norm.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

sigh.

everything seem the 'norm' now...
Icey

Post by Icey »

There was a discussion about this sort of thing tonight. A friend said that she thinks that when people feel threatened or depressed, radical groups spring up. It also affects how folk behave towards one another.

I don't know.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I'm certain there are several factors to account for the aggression we humans have against one another. It's a matter of survival to strike out against anything that is different than we are. Thus, such things as culture wars develop. We are also getting a bit crowded on this planet. The general thinking among those who know feel we have exceeded optimal conditions many billions of people ago. As the density of people increase, so does the aggression. That particular phenomena has been demonstrated in labs. Fortunately, there are good people among us, such as Dolly Parton. We can only hope that the good ones outnumber the bad ones - it just seems that is not the case at the moment.
Icey

Post by Icey »

You could be right Yogi, but over all, I think there are more good people in the world than bad. It's just that the bad ones hit the headlines
yogi

Post by yogi »

50% of the American voters would disagree with you, not to mention those who did not vote.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Oh bless, well I'm talking about bad people in general Yogi, not politicians, voters or anything to do with what's happened in that direction.

How can anyone possibly know whether Trump was a bad choice or not? Give him time, and see how it affects you all; more to the point, individually. I don't think your life'll change much at all, IF at all, but despite the sour grapes from many people who didn't get their own way, there's the possibility that some good could come out of it. I hope so, I really do.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

you've way more optimistic than me...
yogi

Post by yogi »

America was arguably the best country on earth. If half the people here feel evil has taken over, that suggests the percentages are even worse in other countries. Extrapolating that around the world means 75% of the global population feel doomed due to evil forces. Taking the (eternally optimistic) UK out of the equation and giving it a generous margin of error (10%), that amounts to a minimum of 4,631,250,000 votes for evil. :doh: