The End Is Near

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

The End Is Near

Post by yogi »

It's been my contention for a long time that Trump's rise to prominence will spell the end of the Republican Party and the conservative movement behind it. Well, I'm not alone in my observations:
Ryan’s tweet, and Trump’s continued free fall, suggests that the movement conservative narrative may finally be dying. The release of the tape may force regular Republican voters to face the reality that the movement conservatives’ demonization of minorities, organized workers, and women who demanded equality was never really about protecting hardworking American families. It was about creating a ruling class whose members could commit crimes against less powerful Americans with impunity. And so the vulgar boasting of a criminal thug may finally force the GOP to confront the ugly fantasy that has dominated its politics for a generation, and shock American politics back to decency.
http://qz.com/805918/why-donald-trumps- ... d-the-gop/

If Hillary Clinton is elected president, she too will be the last of her kind. The millennials are getting restless.
Icey

Re: The End Is Near

Post by Icey »

That makes shocking reading, but it doesn't altogether come as a surprise. The conspiracy theories of New World Order aren't so outrageous as perhaps once thought. Indeed, creating a ruling class who basically have the power to do anything they want, sort of prevails already, what with families such as the Rothschilds and Rockefellers, along with others. Our Royalty're nothing in comparison, and I think that politics's going to enter a whole new phase very shortly.

The people'll win though. No matter how much money and worldly influence a person may have, they can only remain at the top for so long. Eventually, common sense and decency WILL prevail. Bullies and thugs'll be ousted. The masses aren't the downtrodden members of society that they once were, and they'll rise up to protect their own.

I've no idea how swiftly politics'll change and re-shape the world after your next President's sworn in, but you're right, there's a general unrest, and people want to see honesty and transparency. Hard-working families and ordinary citizens're the backbone of decent, civilised societies, and we'll be run by such.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

I simply cannot fathom how this total lunatic got to where he is! how much has he paid his Trumpeters to promote him? how much has he threatened those who haven't?
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well the Republican Party must've nominated him to run for President? Rich and powerful people - particularly loud and blustering ones, have no difficulty in commanding attention, but how much belief he can instill into his followers depends on having an entourage of fawning advisers and vocal back-up which promote his ambitions to seem plausible and welcoming.

Either voters'll see through the bluster, or they'll insist on a change being as good as a rest.

I hope that whoever wins the Presidential election uses common sense, and fights for the good of the country and its people.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

Icey

Post by Icey »

:clap: Good one.