GMO E. coli

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Re: GMO E. coli

Post by yogi »

I don't think I ever listened to KMOX but I do follow them on Twitter. I can't say they are any more interesting than any other radio station but I do like the fact that they are local news.

I had a long wire antenna that stretched the length of the house. We lived in a two story and the roof was steep. My grandpa made what they called a roof ladder. It was flat 1-bys and the length of one side of the roof. This allowed it to lay flat. The far end had some kind of iron metal straps that formed a 90 degree angle that would go over the peak of the roof to hold the ladder in place. Thus you could easily go up and down one side of the roof. I shimmied across the peak from end to end in order to place my wire. I recall it being great fund and adventure stringing up that wire and looking back I am amazed that I did such a thing. I don't have much fear of heights, but one false move and you go sliding down the roof to drop two stories to the ground. Kids don't think of those things. Well the long wire was the crystal radio antenna but also served as the antenna for my SWL radio. Eventually when I got the ham gear I converted it to a dipole which was almost the right size for 40 meters. Didn't matter. I wasn't into perfection back in those days. I now can listen to any radio station I can think of using the Internet. They even have SWL and ham radio out there. I listened to the hams a time or two in the past but it was fake. Not the real thing, but a fair simulation.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: GMO E. coli

Post by Kellemora »

Many radio stations change their venue every few years, or as new owners take over.
When I was working at KSIM in Sikeston, MO, they were a rock and roll station catering to the college crowd.
But then when new owners took over, it became a Country Western radio station, and that is why I left.

I wish I had a picture of all the antenna's I had up at the apartment I lived in that literally no one knew about, hi hi.
At least until I moved out and started taking them all down, hi hi.

Every place I have ever lived I've had quite the antenna farm.