Writer's Block - Only Bleats Emerge!

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
PierrePanache

Writer's Block - Only Bleats Emerge!

Post by PierrePanache »

Every time I relax & attempt to put pen to paper I have found myself sounding like a self-pitying bleat machine!

About a week ago I received notification from HMGov that I have still to consider myself in the extremely vulnerable category until at least the 31st March. I am 49.999 etc rec. (again) on the 2nd March & was hoping to spread my wings a tad. My wife is delighted as, although not in the greatest of good health, she knows that I want to at least share the trips out into the great wide world & with it the risks & inconveniences.

I am catching up reading past posts & shall pop into BF most days hoping for inspiration. Please shoot me IF I MOAN! :facepalm:
yogi

Re: Writer's Block - Only Bleats Emerge!

Post by yogi »

Your bleating is delightful in the sense that it has increased the participation here by a full 33%. We welcome such expansive growth.

I have always looked at "flu shots" with a skeptical eye. This COVID-19 attack by aliens from another world is quite different than those in the past and I am responding accordingly. That is to say, I chose to be vaccinated when the offer was made. A double dose is required, so it seems, because the immune system response is gradual, very gradual. Here I am about a month after the first jab and I am being told that I am only 50% immune if all went well. In order to achieve maximum immunity (90% +) a second injection is necessary and that too takes a few weeks to build up to a level where some restrictions can be eased. Now I'm hearing that even a second jab isn't going to protect me for a great length of time. One or two more may be necessary. By then, hopefully, this COVID alien will go back to from whence it came and further immunization will not be needed.

We have a lot to read on this site, but chances are not a lot of it will be inspirational. Us curmudgeon types tend to get long winded with trivial topics, and when it comes to technical/computer interests you better have your geek on or you will be bored to tears. Then, too, we are a flexible lot. We can discuss anything and everything regardless of our expertise. :lol:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Writer's Block - Only Bleats Emerge!

Post by Kellemora »

Although I'm 73 I'm holding off to get the shots until I see who all grows a third eye, hi hi.
Our family knows of a few who have had adverse affects, a couple serious, so we wait.
Don't know if I want mRNA added to my body or not. Only time will tell.

The goal on being on this site is to keep from going Meshugenah, hi hi.
I stop in daily, but this mainly to keep Yogi from getting arrested for Vagrancy, hi hi.
Also, he has a lot of wisdom in a lot of things, many of which I find most useful.