World COVID-19 Stats

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

World COVID-19 Stats

Post by yogi »

The Website: https://ncov2019.live/data

The information in the above link may or may not be interesting to you. The website, however, was made by a high school kid in Washington. I'm thinking seriously now that perhaps there is some hope for our future if these kind of kids are going to take control.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: World COVID-19 Stats

Post by Kellemora »

It is interesting, but I don't know how it could be accurate the way they report things these days.

Why are normal flu cases down by 98%, are they reading those as Covid instead?

I checked TN also, because I know what they say out the three major cities.
East TN has had very few cases, while West TN has had the most cases, much higher than East and Central combined.
yogi

Re: World COVID-19 Stats

Post by yogi »

Yeah, well, I'd take any numbers out of Tennessee with a grain of salt. The kid that did the web site used readily available information off the internet. He is not making any claims regarding the accuracy of the data, but he is putting a lot of time into gathering it and making it available for the world to see. I think his intentions are basically altruistic and his skills presenting the data are remarkably good. I like to see those traits in young people and haven't had much contact with that generation of people since my girls left home. It's nice to know not all kids are airheads.