Personal Safety From Google

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Re: Personal Safety From Google

Post by yogi »

In my era wealth was acquired by hard work. The more educated you were the greater was the potential wealth. The money that goes with wealth was used to survive, but at some point you can have enough of it to not be bothered by such trivial things. At that level one's goals in life change dramatically; it's about power and not so much about accumulating more wealth. There is some thinking being spread around these days that education is a bad thing. However, I take note that those remarks are coming from people who are already wealthy and into the "power" phase of their careers. LOL I don't know that a degree or two would have helped you, but you certainly did need the learning in order to prove your worth. I think you did exceptionally well without the official degree.

The problem with success is that it's a magnet for people with evil intentions. Wonder Plants fell victim to that, but your integrity was left in tact. You accomplished much after that incident and are still going at it today.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Speaking of Wonder Plants, in order to develop my light/water meter, I had to attend I don't remember how many classes on Plastics, their types, functions, and characteristics. I went through four different teachers, each of them told me what I want to do is impossible to do with any type of plastics they knew about.
At least one of those teachers understood the processes that might make it happen, but told me not to get my hopes up, because he didn't see how it could possibly work.
After I finally figured out a way to do it, and I will admit there were numerous false starts that didn't work. Once I finally got on the right track, it was just a matter of getting time on the machines to perfect the process.
Now I was only concerned about making it work for my product, not what else it could possibly be used for.
After I got my Patent and with several of these meters in hand, installed in my system so they could see how it worked, I went back and showed all four teachers who said it was impossible. The only one really interested was the one who told me to give it a shot, and who gave me pointers on things to try.
In the end, after we were open an under production, I sent him four of my planting systems complete with live plants.
He did send a thank you card, and about 4 months after the fact, I learned he brought one to his classroom for the students to admire. He actually bragged about giving me some pointers that resulted in the meter.
Once the problem was overcome, the final product was nothing but simplicity in action.
And it solved all the problems of using float type meters for nutrient level, and telling you if the plant was getting enough light.

I know I said this before. But what I loved to do most was come up with an idea, build a business around it until it became profitable, keep it going until I recouped my costs plus a little, and then I would sell it to my best employee, or in some cases to someone else entirely and train them. This way I always had a 5 year income stream and was free to pursue something else.

Then what happened is I got OLD, hi hi.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I worked 36 years for one company essentially doing the same thing all that time. I was disappointed that I could not continue on with them up to 45 years tenure, at which time I would most likely have had a million dollars in my profit sharing plan. I thought about that often. Retiring as a millionaire wasn't too shabby for a guy without a degree. LOL Well, the wheels of fortune did not bless me quite that way but I did leave Motorola with a severance and the possibility I could be comfortable with the SS benefits my wife and I earned. Throughout those thirty-six years I never had a desire to leave Motorola nor did I want to change careers. I did look for several opportunities within the company, but I could not see training myself in something new and still maintaining an income. It's not that I didn't have ideas that were salable. I didn't have the motivation and especially did not have the confidence I could do it. The consequence of all this is that I don't have very many tales to tell you. Reading about your accomplishments is inspirational in a very real sense. If I can recall all you told me in my next life, I'm going to follow in your footsteps. :mrgreen:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I think my biggest problem is I grow tired of something I'm doing every day.
But many of my job changes were more circumstantial. Only one was due to a promotion I was supposed to get and didn't.

I can't really say anything, meaning any business I ever started, was exactly a failure though.
I may have shut down my company due to being too early in the game and got tired of the hassles.
But some of those types of businesses that opened when the time was right, and many of the hurdles overcome, are now mainstays in those industries. And in some cases even paid for by insurance companies instead of saying no we don't cover it that way.
Windshield repair, closet organizers, vinyl and leather repair, are all fairly common place now.

My late wife had a wonderful pension built up, as well as a very high SS paycheck she never got, since she died early.
Had I not got married again, I could have drawn on her SS which was more than double of what mine is.
They years she was still working, I too was adding a couple of bucks a week to a side pension account for me.
This grew so that I get 41.02 per month now until I die. Her's did have a small payment on death to the estate, but it did not come until after I borrowed to have her buried, and had paid that back. It wasn't much because she had borrowed against it to pay for some of her sons college. I think they finally cut a check for like 4 grand to the estate, which then went to her kids.

But when I look back at all the places I worked, I'm really glad I was forced to move on from most of them, because they changed drastically as time marched on. Even the guy who got the job I was promised now hated working for them, but was stuck there at the new location he hated even worse. Too old to land a job elsewhere, and they basically owned him by then too, hi hi.
I had a cousin who was a graphical artist, excellent painter too. A company hired him and although he was doing great, earning good money, they made him a deal he didn't want to pass up. It included a bonus, a new car every year, a good raise, and an iron clad contract. The contract was designed in 5 year increments, and he could only opt to break the contract on year ten. But year ten came with a lot more benefits, and was up to them to continue it. About three months after he was locked in for 5 more years, they decided to move to another state, way up north. The punishment for breaking the contract would have been a loss of most of his built up pension, which I think today is illegal, but it wasn't back then. So he got an apartment up in Minnesota I think it was, and kept his house and family here. He flew home every weekend at first, then every other weekend. When the 5 year anniversary came up, he quit working for them. I don't think he lost much then, because he was able to retire comfortably at like age 54. Probably a good thing he did too, because he had a couple of illnesses that were affecting his ability to draw like he used to.

My step-daughter got into graphic arts and landed an excellent job. Paid so well she could afford to live right in the heart of Clayton, MO. She designed packaging, and her main client back then was Willie Wonka Chocolates.
All of my kids right out of school were making more than double in a week than I ever made in a month.
yogi

Post by yogi »

You're not the first person I've known to be restless. Boredom is the enemy in your world. I was born with a different set of genes, and being an only child might have had something to do with it too. LOL I remember wanting a sister and it must have bothered mom a lot because she was physically unable to have children after my birth. In a very real sense, I broke the mold. So, I learned to do things and how to entertain myself on my own. It's not that I never socialized. I just had to be invited to join into things because I never was the one to start the party going. I did my best work while assimilating into the background and being unobtrusive. Looking back at it all now I see how I needed the security of a predictable life. Any variations from the norm were spent avoiding future disasters as opposed to fixing up problems as they occurred. It's odd, however, that with you being so bored with routine and me craving it we both ended up in the same place. A room of our own from which we can observe the world passing us by.

I met a woman on a social network who was a research scientist. She was involve with finding ways to treat childhood diabetes. Her work took her to several different countries and earned her quite a few honors. Apparently she was well respected in her community and under the age of forty to boot. There were no boring moments in her career. Then, one day, she disappeared. Didn't see hide nor hair of her for several months. It was unusual but she had the kind of job that would demand such things. When she returned to the network she told of how she was incapacitated due to an automobile accident. Much of her memory of her past was destroyed. At first she didn't even recognize people she worked with for many years. It was the saddest story I ever heard because this woman was brilliant. She kept coming to the social network for a few months and her memory was only partially coming back. There wasn't much hope that she would ever be able to continue from where she left off. She told me how sad she was about that but she also had a net worth in multiples of millions. She was going to move to California with her sister and become a beach bum. I'm pretty sure she was serious about that. I haven't seen her since.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I think my parents thought I was hyper because I always had to be doing something. Couldn't sit still for a minute, unless I had something to do with my hands. I guess I'm still like that too. I sit with the frau after dinner while we supposedly watch a TV show together, but I'm busy doing a jigsaw puzzle and only listening to parts of what is going on on the TV.

It doesn't bother me one bit to stay in my office from 8 am until close to 10 pm, only taking a break for lunch and dinner. I keep busy, too busy in fact. Have too many things going on to get back to the things I really want to do, hi hi.
And then my health makes everything take longer, and I feel like I'm running in slo-mo most of the time.

Sad about your friend. I too have had a few who had things happen to them that totally changed their lives, if they survived that is. So many of my childhood friends never made it to the age of 20. And a good portion of my high school friends all died in Nam. I didn't have a lot of friends in high school, but there was a group of about four of us that hung around together all the time and did most things together. Only one of them was still living the last time I checked.

I had one friend for like 8 years, and we got along perfectly. Then after my late wife passed away, she got mad at me and disappeared for 3 years. Once she found out I was remarried, then she became friends again, but kept her distance. Slowly weened away from our talks and other than one message telling me her mom passed away, I've never heard from her again since. I do know she was getting sicker with something that affected her whole family for generations. She may not be with us anymore too.
yogi

Post by yogi »

My high school graduating class numbered around 967; just short of 1000. I only knew a few of them and kept in touch with less than that after graduation. I can think of four who ended up drafted and in Viet Nam. Only one of them didn't make it back home. One other nearly lost a leg. I like to think I am as patriotic as anybody, but I did all I could to avoid going into that war. There was something like an obsession that overcame me. I was convinced I would at least get shot, but probably killed if I had to defend my country in a war I did not see the sense to. To this day I have this ominous feeling about Viet Nam. If for some reason I had to go there, I would not make it home alive. It's the only neurotic thought I recognize having. :mrgreen:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

We had no business being in that war to start with.
We had over 700 in my graduating class and over 200, maybe over 250 were drafted.
I think this is why the government tried to hush it up by showing those who were killed came from different areas of the country.

I had a 1Y classification so they wouldn't let me join the air force with my cousin.
I went to the board of appeals with a request to get changed to 1A so we could join.
They said no way and made me a 4F which means I'm not draftable.
Ha Ha Ha
Three weeks later I was drafted. Dad thought they would get it cleared up, so rather than taking the army bus, he drove me out to Ft. Leonard Wood, and stayed in a motel a few nights to save a trip back to pick me up.
I showed the CO my draft card clearly stamped 4F and he just laughed, tore it up, and tossed it on the ground.
Dad apparently talked to someone and on the fourth day decided to head on home.
All the rest that happened will fill a whole page.
Suffice it to say I got transferred from the Army to the Navy to the Marines, and finally sent to Seven Devils Swamp.
A couple of runs to Nam, and several trips from the hospital ship to the beaches, and inland, then after we got back home, we had the option of going home or back to Nam. We chose to go home with an ELS discharge and 35k in cash.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Viet Nam is famous for being the first war that we lost. I'd have to agree that we did lose it, but not sure it was the first time. The theory offered to justify that war was solid given the context of the times in which it occurred. Basically it was to draw a line and stop them godless Commies for taking over all of southeast Asia. Everybody back then hated the commies, especially the president, so while it wasn't a popular war by any means it was justifiable deep down in the American psyche. The price we paid was not justifiable by any accounting. Unfortunately the Hippies, and the protests, and the general unrest didn't have a big impact on stopping the war. Contrary to the stereotype of Republicans always getting us into wars, as you certainly know it was under the administration of Richard Nixon that the war ended. No war can be good to my way of thinking. Viet Nam was particularly vile for many reasons. It showed the world that we are not as mighty as our swords would suggest. To me that is the greatest loss ever endured by our great nation.

I believe my classification ended as 3A, which was called a dependency deferment. Nobody was more surprised than I was when I got a letter from the draft board approving my deferment application. It was only a deferment and only good for one year. Fortunately, they approved it the second time as well, and the draft ended after that. As far as I know I'm still deferred and they can come looking for me at any time. LOL
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

My grandpa was in WWI, my dad and his brothers in WWII, my uncles on Mom's side all served in Korea. Including my Uncle Andy I talk about so often. My brother was not drafted, too young at the time I was drafted.

Doing genealogy brings up a lot of History, including all the wars and territorial changes because of them.
It's how my ancestors were part time under German rule and part time under French rule.
Prior to that they were part of the Holy Roman Empire.

Actually, we could have wiped Nam off the map with the amount of fire power we did have, but they chose not to use any of it. Wars are not really fought to win or lose as many think. Wars are nothing more than Political Games, you push me, I push back harder, but not as hard as I could push back if I wanted to. We don't want to ruin our trade agreements.

The one big reason we didn't use heavy equipment in Nam, was due to the massive civilian population being used as shields by the enemy. Even if the kids are armed and shooting back, we were only to disable them without injury or else retreat.
Then also, those who we were fighting with would also often turn on us, simply because we were in their country, even though we were trying to save their country for them.

This may sound like a conflict of terms, but North Vietnam were Chinese descendants mainly Viet Cong and South Vietnam were mostly East Asian descendants from the Han dynasty, but there was a whole lot of intermingling during the 1950s. Many families had relatives in both the north and the south.
We didn't actually lose, we withdrew from the conflict after the fall of a couple of major cities to the Viet Cong, and with a diplomatic agreement for an election in the south.

We are starting to get a taste of what went on in Nam here with BLM and Democratic cities not stopping the riots or punishing the criminals. Letting hardened criminals out of prison to reap even more havoc.
The looters, rioters, arsonists and murderers should have been stopped on day one, not allowed to continue.
And because they were not stopped when they should have been, the sane side of the country is ready to go do the job law enforcement has failed to due, usually by orders to not do anything by Democratic governors.
It really doesn't look good at all for your team Yogi.
Destroying our country and history will not be tolerated. It has gone on long enough involving both parties and their nonsense. Ending laws to allow the Muslims Obama brought in to hold office, and Democratic Mayors not enforcing the laws they swore to uphold, including the oath of office to protect our constitution. Most Democrats want our country to be handed over to the Communists and do away with American History. I can tell you, it won't happen!
Conservatives have bought more guns and ammo in the past few months than in the past decade.
Perhaps the Liberals have too, but most of the firearms they have are and were illegal, but they still have them.
Look around. They have automatic weapons and firing them from moving cars, and nobody is stopping them. Murder and mayhem is common place in Democratically run cities. Only because they LET THEM get by with it! And sadly without recourse. Do you really think the SANE people in this country are going to let it continue?
yogi

Post by yogi »

I was always interested in current events, but never really understood most of them. The Viet Nam War era perked my interests and probably was the single most event that determined my interests going forward. I must confess that I could not put all the time into research that I would like to. There was so much information about 'Nam, and the quantity of information grew exponentially since then. Today's current events may never be fully understood by anybody given the quantity of data available about them.

I suppose it's always been true that people take in only that which has been predigested. Whatever bias there is initially gets reinforced by a selective intake of information. In the days of the Viet Nam war it was possible to have a productive dialogue or debate regarding the issues of the day. That has all changed in the year 2020. There is no longer room for compromise nor any attempts made to understand the opposition's views. The divisions in our country transcend political parties and goes down deep into the very fabric of our citizens' souls. As of this moment it has come to be white people vs everybody that isn't. Rest assured, my friend, that I understand this division of our roots coming to a peak during the current presidential administration is no coincident.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

And constantly fueled by the fake media and their socialist agenda.
Take Mnt. Rushmore as an example.
Take a look back in time at all the PRAISES they said about Mt. Rushmore and the presidents who visited it.
Then look at what they now say. Totally the Opposite. WHY?
The only explanation is HATRED and the LOVE OF SATAN.

Very few blacks have taken the opportunity to advance themselves after everything became open to them.
Yes it was a struggle for them for years to make any headway.
There was a little trouble during my grade school years concerning blacks. But that ended after a few conflicts.
My high school was about 1/3 black, which means each of those kids had basically the same opportunities open to them as the rest of us.
But instead of moving forward, the majority became couch potatoes living off the government dole, generation after generation. Now they want everything handed to them on a silver platter, and if they don't get it, they start destroying everything around them.

I've never seen a more racist group of people than blacks.
They themselves have set racial issues back 50 years with their racist hatred.
They hate everyone and everything, including themselves!
They blame everyone except themselves too!

Perhaps it might be wise to bring back a form of Segregation and keep the criminals away from law abiding citizens.
Heck they even started building a Wall to hide behind. Perhaps we should help them and build a wall around certain cities and put those who are criminals inside the walls. It would be just what they want!
yogi

Post by yogi »

It really doesn't look good at all for your team Yogi.
Wow. Just WOW. That is about the most incredible statement I've read in these forums in a long long while. The implications are staggering.

I am befuddled trying to understand how I have been assigned to a team; a losing one at that. Of course, I like to think of myself as a team player. Much can be accomplished by groups of people making a concerted effort to achieve a cause. I do not, however, look at myself as having any special allegiance to a group. It's one of the major reasons I don't consider myself religious, for example. One religion DOES NOT fit all as the Good Shepherd would want you to believe. Since I recognize what you are talking about here, I will concede that I probably favor liberal thinkers over the more conservative ones. But to suggest I support a line of thought that is a losing proposition clearly depicts all that is ailing in our society today.

It might be inconceivable to you, but we actually are on the same team. We both love the country in which we were born and raised and we both cringe at the way it is falling apart before us. I recognize and accept the fact that no two people can think exactly alike. In fact more often than not any two individuals in a population are at polar opposition to each other in regard to controversial issues. I have stated previously that the mission of this website rests on the premise that we can come to an understanding of our differences as people in a diverse society. That understanding can easily be achieved though open and free discussions. It is unfortunate that only one person aside from myself is now active here, but the principle of coming to an understanding remains in tact. My intent is to provide a venue wherein anybody can talk about what they appreciate and what they fear, all without feeling intimidated or vulnerable. Your commentary is solicited and welcome in that context.

The great WOW is derived from being placed into a profile for people who have different interpretations of today's current events. That profile is one of divisiveness. The divisions are being encouraged by entities which have only one purpose, i.e. to undermine everything this country stands for and to dilute or eliminate it's influence on a global scale. When there is an abundance of conflicting explanations for a given phenomena, racism for example, then it becomes impossible to determine the truths in the matter. That generates a distrust of the sources of the information. But confusion is only a tactic designed to cause confrontation. We can live peacefully knowing we do not agree philosophically, but confrontation demands immediate satisfaction. Should those demands lead to chaos, then the entire society in which we live disintegrates. At that point a single figurehead can easily step in to dictate an end.

Steve Bannon, John Bolton, and the infamous Adolph Hitler all wrote books on how to do it. Your president and mine read them all.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Honestly, I've never had anything against any political party as a whole, but only those specific poly-TICK-ians who are hell bent on destroying our country. And I realize NOT everyone in either party likes what they or the other party is doing.

History has proved, and current day events are now proving, those who hurt folks the most are the ones they keep voting for, which is totally illogical. Some are tearing down statues of those who helped them, simply because they don't know their own history. BLM has set race relations back 50 years!

It used to be Muslims were not allowed to hold public office. This got rescinded over religious issues, and Obama imported them and dropped many in Minnesota, now look what is happening. They HATE the U.S. and are doing all they can to destroy the country. Obama also gave illegal immigrants and terrorists money and close to a free reign.
And almost all the Hot Spots in our country right now are or have been under Democratic leadership, or lack thereof. And the Mayors DO NOTHING to stop the crimes and they keep escalating.

Democrats want to abolish the Constitution, keep allowing the murdering of children, even after they are born, and basically turn our country into a 3rd world shit-hole. They plan on doing many evil things which is why they want guns banned. Almost all Democratic poly-TICK-ians are backed by Soro's and the One World Order, they want communism! The end of capitalism because THEY want to control everyone and everything. This is obvious just listening to their demands.

I realize you see things differently, and for that you are entitled.
My entire family going back many generations, including myself, we all used to vote the straight democratic ticket.
But the times have changed, and what the parties stand for has also changed, and in some cases quite drastically.
So much so, I don't know of any relative of mine who still votes for democrats anymore, although most still live in a blue state. I'm sure it will flip to red in 2020 though, based on the conversations I've heard from them.

For the same reason term limits were established for the president, congress needs the same limits imposed on them!
Payola for votes on issues needs to stop if we value our country!

If you just open your eyes and look around you at who the HATERS are, WHO is doing the Destruction, and WHO are purposely injuring innocent people for sport, you'll see it is going to come to a head very soon. The people, regardless of what party they belong to, are not going to tolerate the behavior of the far left any longer. They WILL be Put Down one way or another! I'm sure you don't agree with what is going on either!
yogi

Post by yogi »

The 60's were a different era, but the black people of this nation were up in arms back then too. They took to the streets burning and looting everything in sight. I lived through several weeks of terror where I could smell the smoke of the burning city from my home while I tried to sleep at night; I could see the flames across the road from my workplace office. The city of Chicago at that time was under Richard J. Daley's command, a dyed in the wool Democrat. He called in the National Guard. There was gunfire.

Nearly every argument you cite today was in the news back then too. People didn't understand any better then than they do today why any of it was happening. A lot of disinformation, propaganda, and outright lies flooded the public consciousness. Your narratives here mimics what I heard and saw 50 years ago and are creepy reminders of a history I hoped had long been reconciled. Changes did come about as a result of the rioting, but the racism, white supremacy, and contempt for democracy simply went underground. None of it was eliminated.

Today's current events are not evidence of popular conspiracy theories turned into reality. There is no political party nor cabal of money hoarders controlling the events, unless you would put the Russian Mafia into that category. And even they are not in total control, but they do hold compromising threats over the leadership in this country.

Your family's choice of political affiliation simply shows how easy it is to influence a large population. They used to vote straight Democratic and now it's straight Republican? I guess that suggests it is too difficult to do a non-partisan search for individual representatives and easier to simply follow the leader. It's not just your family who does that. I suspect that is how most voting goes these days. Your family will survive your personal existence and perhaps at some point in their future they will realize how they have been duped. The Republican party is not today what it was when they made their choice. I don't think it will take a second civil war to enlighten them either. I have a suspicion that the Republican party will experience an implosion from which they may not be able to recover. Perhaps that is wishful thinking on my part, but it certainly is the direction the leadership is taking at this time.

I should not be surprised to read your interpretation of current events. You are after all in the middle of the propaganda machine zone. It is dispiriting because I know you are an intelligent person. You are very capable and usually not inclined to parroting somebody else's bad dreams. But this is not the 60's anymore, is it.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

All I can say is, nearly every bad thing I hear, read, or see, is always linked to the Democratic party in one way or another.
Mayors refusing to let the police do their job - Democrats.
Allowing new born babies to die -Democrats.
Killing unborn babies - Democrats.
Voter Fraud - Democrats.
I can keep going with over a thousand items on this list, all bad and all associated with Democrats.
And yes, all happening since the '60s.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The most obvious problem with that type of observation is that it creates a political categorization for every problem imaginable. It's either a Democrat or a Republican problem when the truth in the matter is that it's neither. My point in all this is that this polarization is being created deliberately for the sole purpose of establishing an unstable social environment wherein people are in a chronic confrontation with each other. It's called destabilization. Your ominous observation that the end result in the extreme can be chaos and civil war is chilling. But, who would benefit from such a disturbance? Certainly neither of the two dominant political parties we know today. Who would benefit from a collapse of the American democracy we know and love? That's an entirely different question, the answer to which explains a lot about what is going on today.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Dang near everything gets politicized these days, and most of them for no reason whatsoever except to spread hatred.

What is sad is seeing law enforcement being told to stand down and to not enforce the laws and let the criminals run rampant.
Believe me, we the people are getting tired of this bullshit, which is why gun and ammo sales are topping the charts every week. If the police won't or can't do their job because of poly-TICK-ians demanding they allow the country be destroyed, we the people ARE going to do their job for them.
yogi

Post by yogi »

No country that I know about has been run successfully as a result of sedition (which is what your arms proposal is) nor by anarchy. The unruly mob always, and I emphasize always, loses the battle in the end. A dominant force takes control typically via the military and establishment of Martial Law under a dictatorship. This is exactly the agenda motivating the leadership of this country today.

If I recall correctly you are the person who told me about a quaint little town in Missouri that started out under home-rule and did not have a police force nor a fire department. I can see that working in a very small population, and I believe you pointed out that self-policing was phased out (for good or bad) when the population grew to a certain size. The organization and funding for a police force cannot be attained in a very small community, which is why a police force must be organized at a certain point in time.

Today we have become totally dependent upon the presence of a police department, but is it necessary? The folks in Minneapolis think not. There is a campaign that goes under the banner of "defunding police" and I think that is pretty much what you are responding to with your call to arms. That defunding campaign is not a popular idea and it would not be surprising to me that it's roots are in the same place as those who would dismantle our democracy. The civil unrest you see and fear has some legitimate causes in current police practices. The most obvious injustice is said to be experienced by the black communities. Again, I refer back to the 60's when something identical happened. Back then it wasn't an unknown black kid in a god forsaken community that got murdered, but the leader of the movement to correct the injustice fell to ... people with guns.

I know my comments can generate a lot of steam in a heated environment. That's not why we are here. I'm seeing the same events in this country as you are and share the identical concerns. Neither one of us want to lose it. Unfortunately there are others who do not think like you and I, and I'm simply giving you my take on it all.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

The one and only thing I have against the police is they do not police their own, and most think they are above the law.

We really did love our police departments back home. But then we kept them free of riff-raff due to the Three Strikes Rule, which I think was abandoned sometime around 1998 give or take a few years.

I used to wonder where the cops went after they got fired for criminal behavior?
Well, after I moved south, well, here they all are!
A very high percentage of the police and many of those in higher levels of law enforcement are habitual offenders of the law. It really is sad to see, because it affects everyone in one way or another.
There are many laws the police break on a continuing basis, and for this reason, they do not enforce those laws on the citizens which makes things more hazardous and dangerous. People know the cops won't do anything so they go ahead and keep breaking the law themselves.

Now you tell me, how do you respect an officer of the law, when he is a known habitual offender of the law?