cool.

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

cool.

Post by pilvikki »

i got an email from my favourite author where she asked me what name she should put for me in her latest book in the acknowledgements section. well, sometime in 2015 i'd researched some really old finnish customs and translated a bunch of stuff, but didn't think it was even worth a mention. said so to daughter, who comes back with "are you kidding? it took you at least a week to get it all done!"

no recollection. still don't think it was a big deal, but ok, fine! yay me. :lol:
yogi

Re: cool.

Post by yogi »

I don't know if the author has a legal responsibility to you for that information, but she certainly may be morally obligated. You helped her put together a book from which she is profiting. I understand that good friends don't care about those kind of things, but still, ethics is important to some people. Besides, she may want to have somebody to blame if the translation is incorrect. :lol:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

good point!

actually, you might find her books interesting, especially the Sparrow and Children of God. mary doria russell. you'd actually get more out of them than the average do-do as it has to do with scifi and involves jesuits. they're 2 separate book, but should be read together.

needless to say, i had no part in them!
:mrgreen:
yogi

Post by yogi »

oooo, them there Jesuits are mean dudes. They are militant about their religion
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

yes indeed! even in future!