I Did It

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: I Did It

Post by Kellemora »

In 75 years we will learn the results of the test on the Covid shots, hi hi.
I'll wait!

Have not heard back from Debi's workmate yet.
I imagine she took the meds and went to bed, hi hi.

Debi's mom had cataract surgery something like 4 times in each eye.
But her big problem was macular degeneration.
But with magnifying type lenses, she could see fairly well.
Unlike her daughter (Debi's Sister) who has been legally blind now for more than a decade.
Needless to say, Debi worries about that big time, since her mom and sister both had it.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I worked with a guy who was several years younger than I was, and he had macular degeneration problems. At the time he was in his thirties, and he was a graphics designer. He used a computer all day and was very concerned about losing his eyesight. We parted ways and I don't know what all happened to him, but I did learn that the degeneration is bad but not totally blinding. It may qualify for the legal definition of blindness but peripheral vision seems to be retained. I'd have to agree that Debi seems to be vulnerable given the history of her family. But they are performing miracles these days, so maybe there is some hope after all.

For your pleasure and amusement, perhaps you would like reading this article: https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2 ... ts/360089/
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I've heard the cure for this or that is on the horizon now for 74 years. The only one cured thus far is Polio! And you know how long ago that was.

Thanks for that post! Now if Walter Reed comes up with a shot against Covid, and variants. That would be one shot I would seriously consider on getting! I feel they are more trustworthy than anyone else!
yogi

Post by yogi »

Using your definition, not even polio has been cured. In that case the public accepted the idea of being vaccinated and did it willingly. Once enough people got the shot polio didn't have anywhere to go. It did not disappear and is in fact an issue where vaccinations are minimal or don't exist.

The vaccine being developed at Walter Reed uses exactly the same mechanism you are questioning with the current vaccines. The difference is that the Walter Reed Center developed a carrier with more facets to deliver the poison pill to a larger number of mutations. That's why it can claim to be effective over a wider range. Apparently there are three phases to FDA approval and the first phase has been successful. I don't think this single dose vaccine will be available anytime soon, but I do like the approach they are taking.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I was born at just the right time, that although I did get early polio, they stopped it in its tracks.
But once you got the full-fledged polio, there was nothing they could do. So I consider myself very lucky!
It did mess up my legs a little bit, but it could have been a lot worse.
They knew the polio vaccine worked and worked well, and did not mess with your natural system.
This is quite unlike the Covid vaccines that were rushed through almost overnight.

A lot of things have come out of Walter Reed that worked right, and with little to no side affects.
You should look up their list of accomplishments over the years. It is amazing!
yogi

Post by yogi »

Walter Reed Research Center is the medical equivalent of the Army Corps of Engineers. They have the funds and the resources to produce miracles. I don't doubt that for a moment. Your concern about using genetics for medical treatment are well taken, but that is exactly what the new vaccine from Walter Reed is doing. It's that same stuff that was pushed through in record time, but slightly modified. I understand your concerns, but the anti-vax standard bearer himself has recently endorsed the current vaccines in that they demonstrably cut down on the death rate. Sacrilegious as it is, even he is being taken to task for his change of heart.

But, of course, none of that matters. Only 800,000 of the 360,000,000 people in this country died from Covid related illness. A lot of them were fully vaccinated, but the overwhelming majority of them were not. I personally don't need to wait ten years to figure out what that implies. Then, too, the percentage of fatalities is really small, .2% of the total population. It hardly seems worth the effort to worry about.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

About six months ago, I was tracking how many were claimed to have died from Covid.
And then they started changing their tune after being called on the carpet for claiming Covid death to collect government funding based on that, when over a third of the deaths were not from Covid.

Any time an article comes out about a death from the shot, or a serious injury from the shot, they cover it up immediately.

I don't doubt that the vaccine has cut down on the death rate claimed to be from Covid.
But then too, the national death register from all causes of death has not changed.
Same basic averages year after year, but always growing a little due to so many more ways we can die.
The number of fatal car accidents is way down also, because nobody is going nowhere!
However, the number of fatal accidents per driven miles is up, as usual.
yogi

Post by yogi »

We can't do anything to change the national death rate overall. But, there are vaccines for Covid infections.
The generally accepted number of dead people in the USA due to COVID is 800,000. Does it really matter if it's 700,000 or 900,000?
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

How many people died from the common case of the flu each year?
But now nobody is dying from the flu this past year.
Now, subtract the number of people who died from flu the year before from this years covid deaths number, and what do you have? Suddenly that number of covid deaths drops down by over two-thirds.
yogi

Post by yogi »

It's difficult for me to see your point, but I am positive about the numbers of dead people due to Covid infections since the pandemic started. How many of those dead people would still be alive if they all were vaccinated? That's the only important question to my way of thinking.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Maybe, maybe not.

Shoving them in senior homes with folks who were already health compromised was a dumb move that drove the numbers up.
So those should be classified as homicides counted as covid deaths.
yogi

Post by yogi »

There are also a lot of dead people due to Covid who went unrecorded. That probably offsets the number of people included in the count that were misdiagnosed. In any case this is the first pandemic in my lifetime that I can recall. I guess I do remember something about polio when I was very small and got the vaccination for that. I'm not sure if that was considered a pandemic or not but it was a major health issue. I was too young to know what was going on and can't say much about it. The pandemic we are now experiencing is relatively a new event in our time. There was a special team in Washington whose job it was to prepare for this kind of eventuality. That team was an early casualty of the previous administration who thought it was an unnecessary expense. Be that all as it may, this pandemic is well documented and will leave behind a ton of data for future historians to study. I doubt those future folks would do anything different, but at least we are leaving them with a lot of material to peruse.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

You know, I had my annual big doctors appointment December 17th.
In all the years I've been going there, the doc never skipped my Flu shot or the Pneumonia shot.
This year he was not giving out the Flu shot because they combined it with the Covid shot, and he don't trust it either.
He has over 1,500 patients ranging from teens to seniors, and only 2 older adults got Covid and both got over it.
But he did say their other clinic up in the north sector of town, has had over 60 Covid cases, and 3 deaths attributed to Covid.
He added that two of those were in their 80s, and one was in his upper 50s with other ailments that pulled his immune system down.
My wife's doctor, in a different office to the northwest, is pushing Covid shots like there was not tomorrow.
He believes in the shots, and in wearing masks everywhere. Debi got both of her shots from him too.
They have seen around 30 cases of Covid in their office, and only 1 death due directly to Covid.
Those figures are for the entire year by the way!

On a different note: Some scientists found a bacteria they altered so it can live and grow using only CO2.
I hope to hell they never release it into the public or it will deplete our planet of CO2 which means, no more oxygen either.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I have no clue what the best practices are in Tennessee, but they surely aren't the same as Missouri. I got the first two Pfizer vaccine shots from the hospital with which my doctor is affiliated. He had nothing to do with it by the way. They just notified me it's available if I wanted it. After that second round of shots they closed down the special vaccine setup and the boosters were up to the individuals to find, or not. Nobody at the hospital ever so much as asked if I got a flu or pneumonia injection. All they were interested in was in administering the Covid shot. The booster I got was from the local CVS drugstore. I signed up online and filled out all the forms so that all I had to do was come at the appointed time and get shot. When I got there and was going to be injected, they had two syringes. I asked why two? I was told the flu shot was part of it automatically. I told them I don't want the flu shot and there was no problem. He just gave me the Covid booster and that's the end of that.

The stories from your family doctors are very interesting to me because I read something quite different from a news source you would favor: https://fox17.com/news/local/tennessee- ... na-vaccine I guess the situation varies greatly from county to county, and in fact from one doctor to another. You simply can't draw any conclusions from isolated tales you hear or read about. The overall picture is what is important.

I've read that story about the CO2 eating bacteria a while back. The intent is good but as you suggest it can be natural disaster in the waiting if mishandled. They also found bugs that will eat the micro plastic filling up our oceans. I guess that debris is killing a lot of marine life. But, I wondered about the same things you are wondering about. Won't the fish eat the bacteria that is contaminated with the plastic that kills them in the first place?
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I saw this part in that same article:
The stated has fared well in other data points, ranking 20th in the nation for the lowest rate of new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 and 11th best in new hospitalizations per 100 beds.

Actually we are doing pretty good down here, at least in East Tennessee.

WHO they count as unvaccinated are those who have not had both regular shots and one booster shot.
If you only had one shot, they don't consider that as vaccinated.
Only a few with both shots are considered vaccinated, and that was before Omicron was ushered in.

And as they said, it was most likely a Data Dump that caused the high numbers.

Technically, they should consider Tennessee as three different states, or at least two different states.

Also some demographics area reports lump South Carolina in with Tennessee, which adds to the confusion.

I agree about the overall picture, but most new stations go after sensationalism for rating points, and gloss over the truth.

Look at the MESS Kudzu has made here in the south. The government though Kudzu was the greatest for rapidly filling the banks of highways and keeping them green. Ha, it is uncontrollable.
But do you think the government will take the initiative to eradicate it. Hell no, they only create problems, not stop them!

Good points about the fish bacteria also!
When the ocean bacteria runs out of plastic to eat, it may turn to eating boat hulls.
From there it will move inland and begin eating everything made of plastic, hi hi.
yogi

Post by yogi »

There is a demonstrable correlation. Those communities with low vaccination rates are the same communities with the highest incidence of Covid hospitalizations and fatalities. I recognize that correlation does not prove causation. It just seems that way.

And, as far as the plastic eating bacteria go, they can come ashore and eat all the plastic they can find. That would not bother me one bit. Maybe then they would come up with something decent to make my house windows and siding from.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

On the news last night, it said the CDC reduced the Covid count by a considerable amount, due to the way cases were reported.
Sometimes they were counted twice as well.

I don't know Yogi, heavily populated cities, especially in the poorer areas of the city, all seem to have the highest incident rate of Covid cases. While the rural areas are way down per capita.

Where would we be without the invention of plastics?
yogi

Post by yogi »

The per capita rate is why Tennessee is said to be #4 in the ranks of most Covid incidents. The overall absolute numbers might give a different impression. Regardless, debating numbers is an exercise in futility. There is a plague upon us and there is an effective means of dealing with it readily available. The only legitimate debate would be to question why some people choose not to protect themselves and endanger others in the process.

You ask a good question about plastics, and we can never know the answer. However, I have a high degree of confidence that if there was no such thing as plastic, there would be something else to takes its place. It might be more toxic, but plastic in only one solution. You don't think the crude oil folks had anything to do with the choice, do you?
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Most of the plastics we currently use on a daily basis, mainly for packaging, is made from Natural Gas.
And where did Natural Gas come from? Out of the ground!
And where do we put the plastics when we are done with them? Back in the ground from whence they came!

IF the Shot worked, then you have no worries about those who didn't get the Shot!
BUT if the Shot didn't work, and those with the Shot can still spread Covid to others.
What was the purpose of the shot again?
yogi

Post by yogi »

What was the purpose of the shot again?
To keep you alive and out of the critically overcrowded hospitals.
You're welcome.