Microsoft Absolutely Rules

My special interest is computers. Let's talk geek here.
yogi

Re: Microsoft Absolutely Rules

Post by yogi »

I doubt that I have 1.8 million miles logged on the road, but I am sure it's close to one million by now. A bit over 50 years of my driving time was spent in and around Chicago, which on average has more severe weather than STL. I think I have driven in every possible kind of weather, be it glare ice on the roads or downpours of golf ball sized hail. I'd be lying to you if I told you I never lost control of the front wheel drive cars I was piloting. However, when it comes to ice on the road, especially ice that has been polished by many vehicles driving over it, it will not matter if your drive train is up front, in the center, or in the back. You are not going to have control on glare ice. It takes some skill to be a good driver, and there is no doubt in my mind you are among the top drivers. That's why you are not one of those people in the ditch. My guess would be that the skill you possess from all those miles of driving is way more valuable than the mechanics of the vehicle you are controlling at any given moment. Can't say that about everybody.

I'm always amazed how a light covering of snow will totally shut down any city south of the Mason Dixon line. LOL I understand that fully. They are not prepared for severe winter weather and have no way to respond to it. Debi is fortunate to have a Knight in Shining Armor such as you.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Microsoft Absolutely Rules

Post by Kellemora »

For most drivers it only takes from 6 to 9 years to accumulate the 2 million miles bonus check.
There are a few who have hit that mark in under 5 years legally.
I know of at least three straight haulers who did it in like 3.5 years, but they didn't have any sitting time like the rest of us.
They drop of a trailer, pick up another, and be on their way.
Some companies are set up in such a way, their drivers can be home every night, but the trailer is constantly on the move to its destination. Then other companies, you drive to a hub, spend the night and drive back home the next day, then have a full day off before doing it again.

I made over 40 trips between Knoxville and St. Louis in my Blazer most of the time pulling a cargo trailer.
Also hauled her sons stuff from home to Nashville, then a year later from Nashville to Memphis.
Went to visit him in Nashville three or four times, and in Memphis 2 or 3 times.
That's how I racked up so many miles on my Blazer!

The used Blazer I bought, the 4-wheel drive worked great for two trips, now it won't kick in again.
I think perhaps the vacuum actuator has dry-rotted, or the vacuum hoses from the valve on the transfer case.
Too friggin' cold to work on it to find out right now.