good morning?

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
pilvikki

good morning?

Post by pilvikki »

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/201711 ... ing-person

i once knew a writer who would go to sleep one hour later each day/night. she declined an invitation to the presidential ball (finland) because it'd disrupt her sleep schedule - and she'd have to go to the hair dresser...
yogi

Re: good morning?

Post by yogi »

I'm a morning person and can relate to a lot of the comments in that article.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Unless one is confined to a strict work schedule where they have a set time for everything.
Us humanoids run on an interesting biological clock.
If we were not going by time clocks, we would change our cycles three times a year.
If you are a morning person, this will last for about 120 days, then you will be out of sync for 120 days, and fall back into being a morning person for the next 120 days. In other words, in this year, you would be comfortable for two 120 day cycles.
But next year is night owl people year, they will be in sync twice in this year, while morning people in sync only once.

If you did not see daylight, like if you lived deep in a cave where no light penetrated, except for your own artificial lighting sources. On average, you would go to sleep and rise up somewhere around 1 to 2 minutes later each day.
This is because out internal biological clock runs about 1 to 2 minutes longer each day than standard clock time.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i think this is my internal clock

yogi

Post by yogi »

A long time ago I read about a clinical experiment where people were deprived any clues about time. No daylight was visible for the duration of the experiment. It turns out people drifted into a 25 hour day cycle. I don't recall if they added more sleep or more waking hours. It meant, of course, that their wake up time from sleep drifted. So much for Circadian Rhythms.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Seem like I read something like that a few years ago, and they ended up sleeping more than they should have.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

didn't appear to affect her other than when people popped in at the wrong time.