Half Of Mankind

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Half Of Mankind

Post by yogi »

If you had a map of the world, and drew the smallest circle on it which contained more than half the earth's human population, it would look like this: http://brilliantmaps.com/population-circle/
pilvikki

Re: Half Of Mankind

Post by pilvikki »

well, it wasn't much of a surprise, but what i do find surprising is that the earth hasn't gotten into a bit of a wobble from the inequity. :mrgreen:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

The earth does Wobble Pil...
About once every 25 or 26 thousand years.
The last time it Wobbled, which is a long event, was about 7 thousand years ago and lasted a little over 4 thousand years.
I think. Just pulling the info from my failing memory banks of gray matter.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The earth, apparently, does not rotate exactly on its north/south axis. Instead, it wobbles in a circle around that axis. One complete rotation is indeed 26,000 years - which coincidentally is the time it takes our galaxy to complete one rotation. The circle of the earth's wobble isn't really a circle. We jiggle along that perimeter making it a wavy path instead of a neatly defined circle. That 'jiggle' has been a puzzle to science but is now understood. The amount of water in the soil changes, and that change is what causes the jiggle. I found an article describing it all and I think it's an interesting read. https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-study ... ling-earth
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

way to kill a joke guys! :facepalm:

but that was nevertheless quite interesting!
yogi

Post by yogi »

It has to do with women being from Venus and men being from Mars
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:think: :think:

i donno, i did one of these "how masculine are you?" quizzes and got 90%! lol! perhaps... being on a gay site just might have something to do with the results? :lol: :lol: :lol:
yogi

Post by yogi »

I was just trying to point out that men and women see things differently. Then again, these days it's pretty hard to tell which is which.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i know what you mean, i've noticed it before... and most of the time i don't bother with it.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Another great article Yogi!
About five or six years ago, when they were blaming so much on the ice caps, I read an article that disputed those claims.
I see in this article they finally found out the truth. Wet seasons and dry seasons are not only what causes the wobble to shift, but also the decrease and increase in the polar caps.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Given that the polar caps are made of ice, I'm thinking temperature has more to do with it than does moisture levels.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

The wet and dry season were down in the continents, like Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas, etc.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The article was about wobulation in the earth's spin and what causes it. It turns out that soil density at about 45 degrees (north and south) have a profound effect, more so than polar ice as was previously thought. NASA claims to have conclusive evidence for this explanation.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Yeppers! It's never what the poly-TICK-ians want you to believe, so they can enact laws, set fines, and add more controls.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I guess what I'm saying is that politics doesn't enter into the science. Global warming is as real as wobulation, and equally verifiable. Some power monger with an agenda may not accept any of it, but that doesn't change the reality. In my world I'd sooner go with the science than the political platform.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Remember the '60s when they added air-pumps to cars to blow fresh air into the exhaust pipes so it would fool the way they did the testing. Purpose: make politicians look good. Disaster: All the cars now polluted more because it took fuel to run those air-pumps.

Same thing with the Ozone layer. It runs on a 13 year cycle of thick to thin to thick to thin.
The sudden ban on aerosols caused ground level Ozone to skyrocket.
They didn't fix the problem, they made it worse. But to make it look like they were fixing it, they changed the scale used on the signs telling what the ground level ozone levels were. On a scale of 1 to 10, if 5 used to be Red level, they simply changed the signs so 5 was Yellow Level, 7 Orange Level and 9 Red Level. Made it look like they accomplished something.
The politicians patted themselves on the back as the Ozone Layer thickened, which it would have done anyhow.
Then when it crossed the top and began thinning again, they didn't say another word about it.
But they did keep all the laws, fines, and license fees in place.

The lowest common denominator for anything organic is Carbon.
And you see what they are doing now. Blaming Carbon on people to enact more laws, add fines, licenses, and more regulations.

Science is correct! Poly-TICK-ians are the problem with all their hot air.