Oh dear ....

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Oh dear ....

Post by Kellemora »

It probably landed OK, but in a bad neighborhood, and was stripped clean the second it touched down.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The lander was destroyed by a missle being launched by creatures thinking they were being invaded from outer space. I blame it on Putin.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

it's gone rogue...
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Or the Martian's hacked into its computer system and sent it on its way to the sun, hi hi...
Icey

Post by Icey »

LOL @ you all!

It seems that the parachute didn't deploy properly. Apparently it landed, but it's now probably buried where it careered into the planet's surface. That was a pathetic attempt then, wasn't it? Start again ........
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

oh for crying out loud, the planet will be a rubbish dump before we even get to do it in person!

:facepalm:
Icey

Post by Icey »

You're right, and it's well getting there now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... ts_on_Mars

It's not just the fact that various objects're up there, but the fact that satellites were equipped with BES-5 nuclear reactors to power their radar systems. Some of these objects may no longer be in use, but can be radioactive. The Mars rovers, Spirit and Opportunity, are both powered by plutonium-238 I think. I know they needed something to keep them going, but ....... sigh.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

it's Australia all over again...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Australia?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

the imports like cats and rabbits and lantana and other stuff not indigenous to the place that had created huge problems for them.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Right ..... I hadn't heard anything adverse about that. Have these imported animals caused problems then?