ah, france at her best...

What's your story? Tell me and the entire world all about it.
Forum rules
Topics should be about experiences, comments, and observations from our members' personal lives.
pilvikki

ah, france at her best...

Post by pilvikki »

yes indeed. i'm sitting on the terrace of my neighbours, who've gone off to the coast for a two week vacation - a whole hour's drive from here. :mrgreen: suits me fine, i'm cat sitting albert. and trying to keep an eye so I don't get any bugs in my glass of wine. so far so good, remarkably bugfree an evening.

albert is presently sitting in the dark, on a wide post on the corner, I can just barely see her against the houses that are lit by the street lights, which are mostly obscured by trees this way. it's her spot.

it's an amazing night! it's a warm 24°, totally still with a half moon directly up and in front of me in a cloudless sky. the plane trees are loaded with birds and every so often one of them sets the rest off and they start scolding it. then they settle down again, until someone else disturbs the peace. just like any other large family.

down below I hear some murmuring and chuckling from people sitting on the small plaza with their bottle of wine. a very winey country, this.

there's a set of blue Christmas lights blinking on the short wall. looks very festive.

every so often you hear the rusty squeal of shutters being closed. for some reason the noise doesn't seem bother anyone...
yogi

Re: ah, france at her best...

Post by yogi »

You had me until I realized you referred to Albert as a "she." That diverted my focus away from the rest of the beautiful scene you were painting with your words. As the song goes, it's the little things that mean a lot.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

sorry about that... I should have specified that albert really is a she, but I thought she'd already been introduced. the guys named her when they though she was a he and it stuck. we tried with alberta and albertina, but that just didn't work. so albert she is.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I missed the original story, and for that I apologize. :sad:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

it would have been quite a wile ago, so understandable. which I ought to have thought of.

she really is adorable, but misses the guys and complains a lot.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Can you post the pic of her in the fruit bowl Vikks? : )

She's a pretty cat, whatever.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

sure thing!
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

ah sod, I have to do it later, after I shrink it...
yogi

Post by yogi »

It must be some picture if you have to see a shrink first ...
Icey

Post by Icey »

:lol: It came through by email just fine. Albert's lovely, so I hope the pics can be shrunk to reproduce on here.