Our format allows posting of member supplied images. Keep in mind that the BFChat Code of Conduct applies to pictures as well as text, and anything deemed inappropriate will be removed without prior notice. All posted images also must comply with copyright laws. Review section 6 of the Code of Conduct for details.
Since we are using forums as photo galleries, keep in mind the visual limitations of the forum layout. Content display varies from style to style, so please preview your final product before submitting it. Topic images cannot exceed 800 pixels in width. This limit will prevent the need for most viewers to use the horizontal scroll bar to see the entire picture, plus it will keep the look of the forum uniform and clean. Images for avatars cannot exceed 100 x 130 pixels.
The process for posting images can be summarized as follows:
- Create or obtain an image you wish to post.
- Edit and resize the image as required.
- Store the final product on an Internet accessible (host) server.
- Publish the image in our forums using the BBCode.
Many resources can be found by using a search engine such as Google. The following are our suggestions:
- For images that need to be resized only: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
- A complete photo editing site: http://www.online-image-editor.com/
- An excellent on line animated avatar editor: http://www.online-image-editor.com/
- postimage.org, and Free Image Hosting offer free hosting sevices that automatically generate the code needed to display images in our forums:
Step by Step Graphic Instructions
Here are some graphics illustrating how to publish images into our forums:
Copy the URL (web page address) of the image and paste into edit window.
It's always a good idea to preview your graphic to be certain it turned out the way you intended.
REVISED: 6 October, 2015