about smilies

Announcements of general interest regarding this web site.
Questions and Answers about this web site.
Suggestions from members
pilvikki

about smilies

Post by pilvikki » 21 Feb 2015, 09:44

I s'pose that's the standard issue size, so they need to stay that size... but I like them a bit plumper. also, about the standard issue smilie smile, I like this kind:

2nd in on the 2nd row, just a happy face.

the rest are quite straight fw and jovial as well. maybe they could be shrunk to proper size?

:thumbsup:

Icey

Re: about smilies

Post by Icey » 21 Feb 2015, 11:07

Funny you should mention smilies. I was wondering if we could have some more "laughter" ones - like you get with the ROFL ones, or:

I like the 2nd in on the 3rd row Vikki, and the 1st on the 4th row could be useful, but yes, they'd need re-sizing. :thumbsup:

yogi

Post by yogi » 21 Feb 2015, 11:30

Good eye about :P but technically speaking it's not a smile. It's a raspberry tongue kind of thing. The official smile smiley is next to the winking one. Not that it's what you are looking for, but there it is. We do have one. The first bunch of smilies you see are the default ones that come with the software. I added some in the "View more smilies" link, but even that might be lacking. I agree that some work needs to be done to improve the available icons. I'll give it some investigation time and report back when I have something for you to review.

Your examples, by the way, are nice but too big. Some of those I recognize as single frames of otherwise animated smilies. I think they probably are part of a Yahoo proprietary set, but I'm not sure. In any case give me some time to improve on what we have. If you got links to what you want, feel free to post them for us all to evaluate.

pilvikki

Post by pilvikki » 21 Feb 2015, 15:25

I like those, too! :thumbsup:

Icey

Post by Icey » 26 Feb 2015, 11:17

Thank you for the new ones you've added, Yogi - oh, and for my helping with my beautifully rubbish avatar! : )

yogi

Post by yogi » 26 Feb 2015, 19:42

I'm still working on the smilies. About half of them are in place now. There should be more in the near future.

yogi

Post by yogi » 27 Feb 2015, 10:29

Smiles have finally been updated. Most of the familiar ones from nBF have been ported over. As was the case before, smiles are a work in process and new ones can always be added. Unfortunately I could not get into the www.sherv.net site to look at those.