Mission Statement 2023

Our mission restated and updated to meet 2023 circumstances.
forumadmin
Site Admin

Mission Statement 2023

Post by forumadmin »

Brainformation Forums were created for the purpose of promoting a greater understanding of people and their cultures through a free and open exchange of ideas. We hoped to accomplish our goals in this virtual gathering place where our members may interact both in casual chat and formal discussion. For the most part we have successfully accomplished that mission.

To quote Bob Dylan, “The Times They Are A-Changin’ “ For us that meant over the past 19 years social media giants have replaced the familiar bulletin board venue offered here. We kept chugging along because I had a personal interest in the people who remained with us. Sadly the last one of them attained the rank of Guardian Angel and has completed his mission herein.

Going forward this website will more or less serve as an archive to document our final days of presence on the Internet. Our appeal may now only be to a limited group of fans in our Facebook Group, and only for a limited amount of time. But, as I've noted elsewhere, our lease on the domain name is already paid for up to November, 2024. Thus there is no compelling reason to dismantle Brainformation before then.

Thereby, our mission is now focused on the historical nature of our site’s Archives. I will continue to monitor this site daily and reply to any comments registered visitors care to post. New members are always welcome, but those old timers who might be tired of giant social media platforms now have a friend offering a refuge and website of his own. Who knows? If enough people (at least one) leave me messages with some degree of regularity, we could evolve into a special interest bulletin board group and be, you know, like Seinfeld. All about Nothing.