Artist Rex Whistler....

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
tomsk

Re: Artist Rex Whistler....

Post by tomsk »

I know but it's prudent to be ....wasname!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Yes, no one should leave things to chance, although I think some of the general check-ups are unnecessary. Round our way, older people get the chance of sending a sample in to check for bowel cancer. Now most people never get that, and'd display some symptoms that'd make them seek medical advice. Many of these samples're used in lab training, so it's rather to help the technicians and doctors, although of course, if a positive result shows up, not only do people learn from it, but the patient can presumably be notified.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

tea time!
Icey

Post by Icey »

I've just got one. : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

nice one ...any cake?
Icey

Post by Icey »

No, it was just a cuppa, but I almost needed a brandy when something terrible happened later on!

I felt an itch on my arm, took no notice, and then felt another. STILL took no notice. A few seconds later, I happened to look down, and ... oh lord .... there was the biggest wasp - or hornet - crawling up my leg! Not only am I allergic to wasp and bee stings, it was hideous and almost had a panic attack.

I knocked it off me, and then lost it somewhere on the floor! I backed my chair out of the way, sending some things flying, and managed to grab a pamphlet off the table and batter when I saw it crawling around near my desk. Luckily, it was dozy anyway, but then I literally went faint, and that's why I suddenly stopped posting on here. BH ........
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

crikey...are you well now...?
I think the wasp/hornet was dying anyway...
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'm alright now, thanks, but I'm petrified of even the small ones, let alone this gigantic thing. All I could think of, was how painful it'd be if it stung me, and how I'd have to get to hospital asap. I used to carry an epi-pen round with me, but it's not viable to do that, what with changing handbags, jackets and so on. You're bound to forget these things at times anyway.

Yes, I also think that the insect was on its last legs. It was crawling slowly, but BH, why did it have to land on ME? : (
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

where you eating cream cakes? :lol:
Icy

Post by Icy »

No. Hmph. You have no heart! There I was, petrified, and you find it funny. : (
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

the pooor thing was dying...
Did you wake the household up?
Icey

Post by Icey »

No, I was rendered speechless, apart from swearing very, very many times in quick succession!
Last edited by Icey on 17 Nov 2016, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

All creatures great and small... :lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Swat 'em!!!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

:lol: :yikes:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Hey Arch - did you read in the news about that guy who had either part of his leg or arm amputated after being bitten by a ladybird?!! It's true. It was one of the larger, foreign ones. The bite turned septic and then the poison began to spread rapidly and necrosis set in, so they had to save him.

I KNEW I didn't like those large ladybirds. We've had quite a few this year.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

and on that cheery note Tomsk goes for a cuppa...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Bye.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

th winter will kill them off, don't worry...!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Aye, laddie, but what if they over-winter, or they've laid eggs somewhere, waiting to hatch next year?