Harp guitar

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
tomsk

Re: Harp guitar

Post by tomsk »

we have a table in the games room but I haven't played in years...
Icey

Post by Icey »

I think it's quite good fun once you get into it, but the last time I played, I was shown up in front of my son and his friends. I went to serve, and missed the ball completely! The boys howled with laughter, and my son stood there, with a withering look on his face and said: "Mum ... how did you miss, with a bat of that size?"

Erm ..... no idea ...... I'll leave you all to it ......
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

:lol:
you are a lot of fun... :thumbu:
Icey

Post by Icey »

I was pathetic.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

come come..
you were being Mum!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well I feel that my enthusiasm to "have a go" might not've always been appreciated by the boys. I used to join in with loads of their activities - probably when I wasn't wanted! Their friends thought it was cool that they had a mum who'd climb a rope into the tree house (and swing down on one!), but sometimes I saw face palms! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

keep going...
it's good to embarass the kids..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Oh bless. I think they'd now tell me to remove myself! I'm being polite there. : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

it's good to dance in front of my three....they hate that...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Ha ha ha!!!! Mine aren't too appreciative either! : )

The most recent embarrassment, was when I warned our youngest that I'd show him up in the supermarket if he didn't stop filling the trolley with goodies for himself. This included 2 DVDs, and although they weren't too expensive, it soon whacks the total up at the check-out.

He knows how to behave, but he was just in one of those moods where a packet of this and a bag of that seemed appealing as well, even though he had the stuff at home anyway, so when he added yet another thing, I burst into song - Go Compare ........

LOL- you should've seen his face, AND those of nearby shoppers, although they were grinning!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Well done... :lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

It soon cures the young one. He can't wait to get out of the place. : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I've moved on again in terms of the children are now adults...
It feels like I'm constantly changing now and for the better (mostly!)
It's a little strange but comforting too...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well ..... I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Your children're always your children, no matter how old they are, and I'm sure they still want your help sometimes, be it financially or emotionally.

One of ours is a young adult now, and the other's well on the way. Relationships DO move on, but it doesn't mean that you can't have a bit of fun with them.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

of course...
that's the most important thing..
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'm missing our eldest one already, which's really strange because it's not like he hasn't been away from home before, and I'll have to get used to it when he comes back and goes to uni. : (
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Oh it's bliss!
No more school runs or parents evenings...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Yes, they could be tiring, but we do it for our children don't we? The youngest only left school this year, and now goes to college as well as having 2 part-time jobs. It's commendable, considering what he's had to contend with, but he gets taken and picked up from these places, so it's almost like a school run again - only MORE so! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

you are good parents..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Wouldn't have it any other way. You shouldn't have them if you don't want to look after them.