Hellishly talented AND smart!!!

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Hellishly talented AND smart!!!

Post by brandtrn »

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
yogi

Re: Hellishly talented AND smart!!!

Post by yogi »

Well I'll be. I had no idea ...

I do note, however, that Brian May "collaborated" with the New Horizons project and am left wondering exactly what that means. Still, it's no small accomplishment to obtain a degree in astrophysics. It DOES involve rocket science after all. :mrgreen:
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

Actually, what he did is was to have created a stereoscopic view of Pluto based upon the readings and the one-dimensional photographs taken by the spacecraft, giving scientists a much better idea of the topography of the planetoid. Pretty awesome work, I would think!
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
Icey

Post by Icey »

He's certainly a clever man, and maybe not too surprisingly, there are several musicians who also have brains as well as being able to entertain. Musicians often have a leaning towards mathematics, engineering and the sciences, but several actors and other artists are also intelligent

Dr. Brian Cox is a particle physicist, a professor at the University of Manchester, and works on the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider. But before all that, he was the keyboardist for the pop group D:Ream, who had a number of hits in the UK.

Bruce Dickinson, lead singer with Iron Maiden, is a fully trained commercial pilot. He flies the converted Boeing 757 which the band use for overseas tours, and in 2012 created his own aircraft maintenance and pilot training company.

Several other artists have BA degrees in science and related subjects. Greg Graffin (Bad Company) received a master's degree in geology from UCLA and earned a Ph.D. in zoology from Cornell University.

Mayim Bialik, the actress in The Big Bang Theory (Amy Fowler), studied for a BSc and PhD in neuroscience at the University of California. She's a certified scientist with a degree in neuroscience, and in 2007 she completed her PhD on OCD in those with the genetic Prader-Willi Syndrome.

Somehow though, Brian sticks out as being the most intelligent of the lot, but I like him for being unassuming and the fact that he doesn't talk down to people. He's also a great guitarist!

British actor Rowan Atkinson studied for his BSc & MSc in electrical engineering at University of Newcastle and Queen’s College, Oxford.
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

Not only is he brilliant AND talented, but he's a kind human being, as evidenced by his work in animal welfare and children's charities.
Icey

Post by Icey »

I so agree with you. His humility makes him an all-round admirable person, but he must be flawed somewhere. Maybe he goes to bed in his socks! LOL!!!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

he needs a haircut...
He made his guitar with his Father..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Good grief. That wasn't very nice to do, was it??? ROFL.

It seems that Brian has many talents. He says that when he's not busy, he becomes morose. He can't bear to sit around doing nothing.