Louse Peter Hook

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
tomsk

Louse Peter Hook

Post by tomsk »

Peter 'pathetic' Hook has written a book and he mentioned how he was bullied/beaten by his wife Caroline Aherne ......GOOD!
what a complete pathetic coward...no wonder New Order kicked him out of the band... :nana: :cool: :clap: :thumbu: :loveu:
Icey

Re: Louse Peter Hook

Post by Icey »

I don't understand this, T.

First of all, I read that he was a victim of domestic violence. Everyone loved Caroline, but that's not to say that what he said about her wasn't true - or was it?

She supposedly attacked him with knives, bottles and lighted cigarettes. If it's true, then it goes some way to explaining about Peter's depression. Men don't like to admit that women can physically beat them up, but domestic violence is never acceptable, whoever causes it.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

he could've mentioned it twenty years ago....I think it's really cowardly...
Icey

Post by Icey »

He was married to her for 3 years, 19 years ago. If he'd said something then, when Caroline was still around, it could've had a knock-back effect on her career. What would people've thought of her? IF it's true, then I think he did well to keep quiet, but then again, it's not something you'd want to spout off about, is it?
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

poppycock..
she can't defend herself...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Indeed. Perhaps friends and relatives know something that the rest of us don't, but it's not very nice that Hook wants to smear her name.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

He's a cowardly turd...
Icey

Post by Icey »

LOL!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

God bless Caroline , she had real talent and her memory deserves to be respected...
not some guttersnipe come crawling out of the wood work casting cowardly aspersions...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Don't get on your high horse, Arch. No one knows what the truth of the matter is. I still think that one of the funniest quips Caroline came out with, was as Mrs. Merton, when she asked Debbie McGee: "So what attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?" Mwhahahaha!!!!!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

BH that quote is older than me 007!
She's done other newr stuff..........
Icey

Post by Icey »

I think that was her crowning glory, because the only times I've seen her as Mrs. Merton WERE on TV, during the 90's, and there were write-ups galore about that particular joke. Paul Daniels took a mardy, and commented afterwards that when he first met Debbie, he wasn't a millionaire. Mwhahahaha!!!!!!!! It just made things funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Very good... :clap: :lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Whatever, Caroline had some talent, and I think she was quite likeable, but we never knew her personally, so although she's a loss to the entertainment world, that's about it, really .....
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

her warmth came across..
Hook'sthe only one to have a bad word about her..
Icey

Post by Icey »

It's probably through something deep and personal, unfortunately.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

that's married life for ya....
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'd hope that MY OH'd never say anything foul about me!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

:lol:

Mine wouldn't know where to start... :mad: :nana:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Oh bless!!!

Even if we weren't together, I'd expect him to show due respect.