too early and to explain 007...!
Icey

Re: Homer and Jethro

Post by Icey »

Well I didn't .......
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Icey wrote:Well .... who else did they have in those days?? I doubt there were a lot of jovial musicians to choose from.

Then you said every era has it's own good music... :nana:
Icey

Post by Icey »

That's no contradiction T. Jovial musicians, and good music can be two separate things. I just think that each era's produced some good stuff (as well as a lot of rubbish). The "fun" stuff was few and far between, but when it happened, some of it was good!
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

you twist your words Maiden!
Icey

Post by Icey »

No, you just don't hear what I'm saying.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

pardon...
Icey

Post by Icey »

:foottap:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

:mrgreen: :nana: :lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

I love that emoticon. Its face makes me smile.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

He looks grumpy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7t0Ol6RtRY

What a wonderful film..
Icey

Post by Icey »

It was indeed.

Well guess what? I actually watched a DVT with my son yesterday. It was the new Alice Through the Looking Glass, with Johnny Depp in it. The film's really weird. I can't remember the book being like that.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I remember the cartoon version and saw it as a little boy at the cinema and found it confusing and boring..
Is the Depp version worth a look?
Icey

Post by Icey »

I don't know, T. The animations/graphics're superb. I think it'll appeal to the imaginations of young people. Depp's performance's very good, but I think he does those kind of surreal characters very well, like with Edward Scissorhands.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

i'LL GIVE IT A MISS...
'Finding Never land' with Depp and Kate Winslet was really moving though and the real story of the real Peter Pan....
(no, not Cliff!)
Icey

Post by Icey »

The character of Peter Pan was created by Sir James Barrie, and he based it on his somewhat questionable relationship with Michael Llewelyn Davies, a boy he cared for after the child and his siblings lost their parents within 3 years of each other.

Some of the truth's very dark, and suggests that Barrie was gay. Michael certainly was in later life, but Barrie was obsessed with the boy. I didn't see the film and their take on it, but history suggests some pretty unpleasant stuff.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

really?
well the film suggests otherwise .....so there!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well of course it would! Peter Pan, as the "fairy story's", been much loved by kids - and adults - for years. We've had books, films, cartoons, pantomimes ...... which've all been entertaining. Having said that, the story itself's a bit dark, like many in the genre, but the true story's a lot more unpleasant. No one wants to touch on that, though.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

it seemed very true and didn't white wash the story..
have a look, it is moving though...on par with 'Shadowlands'...
The boy who was based on Peter Pan commited suicide because he couldn't live up to image of Peter Pan..poor chap..
Icey

Post by Icey »

It wasn't quite as innocent as that, T. He and his lover, Rupert Buxton, formed a suicide pact together.