Tom Hanks

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Icey

Re: Tom Hanks

Post by Icey »

Oh bless!

Well, I don't know your circumstances, but I always think that when a person goes to work, they deserve a bit of something for themselves, and with careful budgeting, it's surprising what you can save up.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I don't save...
Icey

Post by Icey »

But it IS possible to, T, even if you don't think so. Or, the day you get paid, you treat yourself. It doesn't have to cost a fortune, but you deserve to have a treat to look forward to each month.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

hAPPY MEAL?
No you are absolutely right..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Even if it's a Happy Meal - yes! You go out to work, you earn your money, and you deserve to keep some by for yourself. Having said that, each person runs their life and finances as they do. It wouldn't do if we were all the same.

One of our window cleaners was moaning that his wife waits with outstretched hands every time he brings money home. All he said he has for himself, is enough money to buy a packet of cigarettes each week - just one, at that. She admittedly buys his clothes, although it's not very often, pays for any haircuts and so on, but I just stood there in shock. How demeaning to be controlled in that manner. Still .... if he really minded, he'd do something about it I suppose.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

It depend on one's cirumstances too...
Icey

Post by Icey »

I see no reason to hand over all hard-earnt money to someone else, so I can't envisage a circumstance where that might happen ... except ..... on thinking about it .... do you remember me telling you about that young guy who used to gamble away his weekly wages? He had a proper addiction, and used to cry when he couldn't pay his rent, so I took over his finances and straightened him out. Even so, I gave him a LITTLE bit back for his own use, but what I did really helped him. He gave up the gambling years ago, and now has his own business.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Oh well done,
I wish you were local!
still, I am £500 in credit on my rent ....OLE!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well I haven't a clue how much your rent is per month, but that sounds pretty good Watson! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

it jolly well is and I don't know how I did it....DOH!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Brilliant! Always there to fall back on.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

yes,
it's provident to be frugal!
Icey

Post by Icey »

I suppose you're right. I've had a charmed life, so that's why I make jokes about you being a Scrooge or something, but it's not meant in a nasty way.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
you hurt my feelings you blister....
for 'charmed life' read spoilt brat!

:lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

Oh cruel person! Anyway - you call yourself "frugal" all the time! : )
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I like that word ...frugal!
Icey

Post by Icey »

It's a polite way of being tight ... mean ... a scrooge ... miser ... an Arkwright.....
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

think what you like..!
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well it is!

However, it CAN be sensible to be like that. No one should just throw money away.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I'm a bit scatty with money to be honest..