Brussels attack

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Icey

Brussels attack

Post by Icey »

To wake up to the dreadful news today was NOT what we expected, and yet it was a tragedy waiting to happen.

Another VERY good reason for putting a complete stop on migrants and saying that we've all had enough. Even the Russians've sent their condolences and said that the latest attacks're an outrage.

These evil people're moving about in the midst of us all, and still David Cameron can't see beyond his nose, and thinks that it's fine to let all and sundry on to our shores.

There must be many good, decent Muslim folk, but because it's impossible to tell who might be a terrorist or supporter, why take chances? Sadly, the only way to stop all this is to immediately deport any offenders back to their countries of origin, removing their passports, money and assets. They'd only try to get back in again, but if a total ban was put on migrants, and anyone moving between the middle eastern countries and the west were made to provide DNA samples and have iris/speech recognition logged - yes, it'd cost a lot of money, but what price can you put on innocent lives?

What do you think? Too harsh? I really don't think so, because left as things are now, the situation's just going to get a lot worse.
yogi

Re: Brussels attack

Post by yogi »

You echo the feelings of a lot of decent people. Unfortunately those feelings are impractical to put into practice. Isolationism will not solve the problem. Shutting your doors to immigration altogether implies that there are no native English people who would perform terrorist acts. It's unrealistic to think in those terms. Aggression and violence is endemic in all human beings.

I was told a long time ago that "if you think the solution to a problem is simple, you don't fully understand the problem." That thought is very apropos when in comes to immigration in Europe these days. Stereotyping Muslims as terrorists, even when acknowledging some are not, attests to the state of human affairs at the moment. In many ways I see what is happening as a manifestation of World War III. The combatants are not armed soldiers defending a battle line nor are they drones engaging in a robotic conflict. The soldiers today are Christains, Hindus, Jews, Muslims, and any other culture that can be identified. The battles are being fought at your doorstep armed by racism, bigotry, ignorance, and outright hate. If they are different than you, they are the enemy. The next time you read the headlines think about it in those terms to see how pertinent it all is.

WW III is a culture war wherein the rules of conventional warfare no longer apply. And, the frightening thing about it is that we may not be on the winning side. "We" being any identifiable culture populating this planet. The ISIS caliphs have conviction of their beliefs that apparently are stronger than yours or mine. They are out there putting their lives on the line to enforce what they sincerely believe is right. What are "we" doing? We are sitting here in the safety of our homes complaining about it all on the Internet. I'm afraid I don't have a solution. I admit to not fully understanding the problem, much less having a solution. But I do know this much, closing the windows and latching the doors will just make you an easier target.
Icey

Post by Icey »

No Yogi, I think not.

These discussions go on daily over here and in the rest of Europe. David Cameron's now going back on his open-door idea, and agreeing that it's not safe to allow this to continue. Everyone else knew it, except him, it seems, and now he has his own party members against him, but let's not kid ourselves here. Leaders aren't thinking of the general public or suddenly showing a kind and understanding attitude to those who're genuinely fleeing their war-torn lands. They're considering their own careers when their time at the top comes to an end, and this's meant toadying up to EU officials in Brussels - unfortunately now seen as the European home and breeding ground of IS supporters.

Of course we have home-grown terrorists as well. Somewhere around 90 (of the known ones) went off to Syria to fight, and then came back again. They were allowed back in because we haven't the manpower or the resources to check everyone. How disgusting is that - and, if a Labour government get in next time, with Jeremy Corbyn in charge, he suggests we dismantle out police and armed forces full-stop! I'm sorry, but we're run by idiots, and you'd be amazed at how many intelligent, thinking people're now coming to the same conclusion.

Word's trickled back from active terrorists who've now been caught, that soft targets're being planned, because the shock of it might make our governments back off and stop supporting President Assad. It won't, but these people don't just believe that they're right. They're being brainwashed into doing what's commanded of them, by a twisted murdering group who literally want to take over the world, and because of that, there's only one way to deal with them, and unpalatable as that might be, it might be our only option. If you think this's a hideous way of thinking, you'd be right, but it's already known that IS want to get hold of radioactive material - not necessarily to make bombs with, but to cause mayhem and death wherever they decide to place it.

There's no nice way of dealing with these people, but why should anyone sit back and let them walk in, kill us all and then move on to the next place? It has to be stopped, and soon.

Isolating our country by not allowing a single immigrant to come here, WOULD help. Being a small island, it'd be easier to patrol areas where crossings could be made, and to permanently check that everyone that came in by plane or boat was here for a legitimate reason. Close the Channel Tunnel as well. That's been an accident waiting to happen since it was built.

The British've been far too generous and tolerant for too long. We've bent over backwards to help Muslims. They've preached hate on our streets and been allowed to get away with it. We've let them build mosques when the UK's a Christian country, but even Royalty are now Defenders of All Faiths, instead of Defender of THE Faith. I believe that "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". If someone allows you into their country, you should abide by the laws of that country, not expect to implement your own, and for those who insist on keeping to their own ways - fine, let them live in one of the Arabic countries where they can do that then. This isn't one of them.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The thought of Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump heading the governments of two super powered countries is breathtaking. The new world order will be like no other seen in the history of mankind. Oh wait ... Donald Trump has been banned from entry into England due to his anti-Muslim remarks in public. Wasn't it David Cameron's party who led that debate in Parliament?

No contradiction there. :rolleyes:
Icey

Post by Icey »

LOL, I know, but now some MPs are asking if it's right to ban Donald? In my opinion, he should be allowed to have his say. His ideas can't be any worse than what Corbyn's suggesting, but his approach is precisely what our PM doesn't want us to hear, despite it echoing what the majority of Brits already feel - and that's the trouble. He's continually back-tracking.

With the June referendum looming, Cameron's trying his best to make his ideas seem sensible to the public, but most people want out of Europe. We pay far more into it than we get out of it, and the saving we could make by not feeding billions of pounds to Brussels, would pay off our deficit and put money in the coffers. We could then set about trading with countries who're of the same mind, and bringing back home-grown industries to provide jobs instead of letting foreign work forces do it. We think the end result'd be much better, and we'd also be able to increase our security forces and close our country to masses of unwanted undesirables. If, after stringent checks (which aren't being done at the moment), a person wants to apply to live and work here, and has the qualifications or business proposals which're likely to benefit the economy, then fine, but the free-for-all can't continue.