I'm Feeling Curious

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

I'm Feeling Curious

Post by yogi »

The next time you are searching for something on Google, type in the phrase "I'm feeling curious." Google will return a fun trivia factoid. Hit the Ask Again bar and you get another factoid. You can do this indefinitely as far as I know. Google knows everything.
Icey

Re: I'm Feeling Curious

Post by Icey »

Must have a go!

LOL! That's lovely! How did you come across that one Yogi?
yogi

Post by yogi »

I'm pretty sure you don't really want to know, but I'll tell you anyway.

I have a program that will aggrigate news feeds, such as BBC, CNN, Reuiters, and dozens of other web sites that provide feeds.

The articles contained in each feed are updated when I turn on the program so that I can see what is current.

On any given day there are 3000-4000 articles that I have not gotten around to reading and delete from the list. Obviously I can never read all that, but I do scan the headlines to look for something of interest to me. One of the websites I read every time is Lifehacker.com because they feature a variety of technical as well as non technical life hacks. This feature of Google search was added by Lifehacker a while back but I just got around to reading the article today. I tested it and deemed it to be forum worthy, and thus posted it for the enjoyment of our readers.

OK - that wasn't too technical. :lol:
Icey

Post by Icey »

No - and the point is, I enjoyed trying it out. : )

You keep coming up with these snippets of info that no one else does. Just wondered how you stumble across them. In this case, it was down to Lifehacker.com then! I passed it on to someone else to have a play around with. : )
yogi

Post by yogi »

It's my job to keep this place interesting. ;)
Icey

Post by Icey »

Well I have to say that along with various topics of interest, you also make me LOL sometimes. What more can you ask for?
yogi

Post by yogi »

more members???
Icey

Post by Icey »

You have a point.