svetlana alliluyeva

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
pilvikki

svetlana alliluyeva

Post by pilvikki »

rather bizarre thinking that this is stalin's daughter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZw3sN4XeNo

i'm just reading a book on some historians prodding about the soviet era and thought i'd look her up. how does one manage to live through what she did - and know that father dearest killed off her family. either that or caused them to lose their minds?

oh, btw. stalin had had a stroke and had collapsed onto the floor behind his closed door. his bodyguards and staff were too terrified to open it until the next day they called beria to see what was going on.

beria went in, saw the situation, stole a key to a safe. then he left and told them stalin was drunk and needed to sleep it off, so don't disturb him and closed the door.

joe eventually came to, but died 3 days later.
yogi

Re: svetlana alliluyeva

Post by yogi »

Over the years I've met people who lived a hard life. A few of them lived with abusive parents, usually the father. The most cruel stories I've heard came from a young lady, whom I asked why she didn't turn in her parents. She obviously knew she was being abused. Her reply was stunning. She did not want to bring shame to the family. I'm still not able to understand that argument, but I've heard it a few times. The family bond is very strong.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

do you think that is the truth though? i can't fathom that myself, rather think there's something that runs deeper. like brain washing, feelings of having brought it on themselves, not going to be believed, getting ridiculed etc.
yogi

Post by yogi »

You are correct on all counts. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. I'm certain the root of the problem is fear. The abuse imposed upon hapless victims becomes acceptable over time, but there is an underlying fear of what would happen if they struck back. This reasoning is easy to understand in children, but I've met a few adults with the same viewpoint. In the case of adults they are convinced that they cannot make it in the world on their own. Thus they accept the abuse as payment for security provided by the abuser. I used to think this whole scenario was a very minor aberration in society. Truth is at least 25% of the females in America experienced some form of sexual abuse. Those that do not admit to it are hiding even worse things.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

that is scary! so much for the free and the brave... :sad:

i have this thing about taking almost any type of verbal crap, but.... no touchy! i was working at the aircraft factory in toronto in another life and a friend of mine was an inspector. we had this rule about having to get the sealant mixture approved and stamped by an inspector prior to use.

well, john decided he was going to bug me... as i'm holding out the can in my right hand for him, he instead starts flicking my cheek with his index finger. i told him to can it. he did it harder! and again. no idea what the hell he was thinking...

and... all of sudden my left hand came up as if on its own volition and slapped him in the face. hard. the surrounding sound level dropped at least 30 decibels as everybody stopped what they were doing to :eek: . my first thought was "oh shit! i'm dead!" for john was a big fellow.

he laughed it off, and walked around the rest of the day with my hand print on his cheek.

didn't do it again. :lol:
yogi

Post by yogi »

While I know it's not confined to females, abuse, particularly sexual abuse, is predominantly against women. It's been institutionalized in many countries. It's a man's world regardless of what the feminists think. Fortunately, I believe the feminist movement is gaining ground, but they are fighting a culture. Here in the Western World an all out 'rape culture' is underway. It might sound odd coming from a male, but I am elated when I come across stories of women striking back. It's not that I believe men and women should be treated the same; we should be celebrating the differences and not taking advantage of them.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

that because you are a decent human bean! :mrgreen:

what enrages me even more is when mothers don't believe/don't care or teachers/doctors/clergy etc just shrug. what kind of people are THEY?
yogi

Post by yogi »

Popular in American political news these days is the story of a former judge from Alabama who is running for a seat in the US Senate. It seems he had a penchant for dating young girls, younger than 16 (the age of consent in Alabama) in fact. If you've not read about it, I'm sure you can imagine the uproar when an apparent pedophile refuses to bow out of the race because he doesn't feel that statutory rape is wrong. I won't get into the legendary ethics of Alabamians, but there is a huge faction of Evangelical Christians blaming the girl(s) for outing this guy.

Talk about a :wtf: moment ...
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

of course they're furious for if he goes down, they'll go down with him. so, let's toss about a few death threats along with all kinds on dirt.

at least that s c comedian cum politician (aren't they the same anyway), fallon (?), has had the decency to acknowledge and apologize. AND his party has denounced his behaviour instead of turning on his victims. quite the diff there...
yogi

Post by yogi »

I used to watch Al Frankin on SNL (Saturday Night Live) back in the days when I watched television at all. He was an OK comedian, but certainly not the best. It's always amazing to me when show people go into politics and do a half way decent job. However, it's common knowledge how show people often get to be successful. This 'common knowledge' has taken up a huge portion of the headlines in recent weeks, but now the focus in on politicians doing what the show folks have been doing for decades. You must have noted how Roy Moore (the Alabama senator wannabe) has managed to shift the emphasis to none other than ... Bill Clinton. Amazing, innit? I'm very suspicious about how and why that focus has changed.

I have a feeling that the next big sex scandal is going to involve the sex trafficking of under aged females. Several high profile people in other countries have already been accused. I wonder who might be involved with such things in this country. :whistle:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, perhaps start looking at your loudest tele-evangelists? then move onto the loudest anything: christian fundamentalists, f ex. seems the 'holier' they are, the more skeletons in the closet. sometimes them, too. :eek:
yogi

Post by yogi »

I can't agree with you more. There are politicians involved with child abuse for profit. In this country it all be rumor, but my understanding is conclusive evidence waiting to be disclosed. What a lovely bunch of coconuts that will be.
Last edited by yogi on 19 Nov 2017, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

how very ironic it would be if it'd be children that will take these bastards down!

i certainly hope so.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I've had an epiphany of sorts regarding what's going on with our president. I can't possibly know the whole story but I've read hundreds of bits and pieces over the last year or two. One little comment on Twitter yesterday lit up the proverbial light bulb. I may write about it in my blog space, but I can't substantiate much of it. It's just that I see a pattern now which is recognizable. Child trafficking is only part of the larger picture.