Robotic Surgery

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Re: Robotic Surgery

Post by yogi »

My understanding is that it stays in the blood stream. When you wake up tired in the morning, that's due to the CO2 build up when your breathing is slowed down during your sleep. Once you get moving and breathing normally, it gets expelled.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

It builds up in your bloodstream until it poisons you. That is if you don't suffocate first!
Keeping your lungs under positive pressure as you exhale helps get more of the CO2 out than normal breathing, but it is very tiring trying to breath that way all the time. Think of it like blowing up a balloon each time you exhale to keep the positive pressure up. I do worry what it is going to be like as the disease progresses further.
Now if I was famous, handsome, and rich, I could get a heart/lung transplant.
But us ugly, old, skid row bums, don't have that option!
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

you deserve a spanking for that last bit, pal! so watch it! :mrgreen:

what about CPAP? would that help? it's for apnea, but it'd keep your lungs loaded at night at least.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Hi Pil - I think it's BiPAP or BPAP which is used for my condition.
I think CPAP is to keep you breathing when you stop at night.
While BPAP is to keep your lungs under positive pressure.
Hope I don't need one for a long time, because you become dependent on machines too easily.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i know what you mean and i absolute HATE mine! if it's not tight against my face, it blows into my eyes when i move. if it's tight enough, i get sore and there are red lines around my nose, all bloody day.

and yet, the alternative is not appealing either. if you suddenly stop breathing, your body goes "hey! some O here, pls! stat!" but if you slowly run out, you'll just slowly fade away. and i'd rather not wake up dead.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I have two friends with sleep apnia who use CPap machines. They hate them big time, but won't go to sleep without putting them on first. They too have all the problems you mentioned.

I've been going to cardiac rehab and doing the same exercises at home, except for one I don't have a way of doing properly. It has helped with my CO2 retention a little, no more panic attacks at least.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

lovely this aging business, eh? :facepalm:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Yeppers, getting OLDE is the PITS, hi hi...

I hope I don't croak too soon, I have too much stuff on backlog to get done first!