Apocalypse Soon

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Apocalypse Soon

Post by yogi »

There seems to be a lot of scientists who think we are doomed as a species much sooner than you would imagine.
S Hawking wrote:Now, more than at any time in our history, our species needs to work together. We face awesome environmental challenges: climate change, food production, overpopulation, the decimation of other species, epidemic disease, acidification of the oceans. Together, they are a reminder that we are at the most dangerous moment in the development of humanity. We now have the technology to destroy the planet on which we live, but have not yet developed the ability to escape it.
Add to the above list insane world leaders with their fingers on the nuclear bomb button, and the prognosis is even more dire.

Read all about it: http://www.salon.com/2017/04/30/its-the ... ypse-soon/
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Apocalypse Soon

Post by Kellemora »

I probably won't live long enough to see the planet get blown up, hi hi...
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

yeah, i started reading that, said "why bother?", not going to be my problem... and nothing i can do about it.
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. But am certain that many of the Bible-thumpers in America would welcome said apocalypse, especially since they voted in the man most likely to help bring about WWIII.
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
yogi

Post by yogi »

I have a small smile on my face when I think of a dyed in the wool Christian friend of mine who voted for Mr Trump and happens to live in a southern Bible Belt state. Up until a few days ago there was no way she could see anything wrong with the president's behavior or thinking. When he voiced his "alt truth" about the Civil War and Andy Jackson it was somehow very enlightening for my friend. She sent off a few letters to the president himself and is now very much regretting her voting choice.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

so... none of the other snafus meant anything? sigh.
yogi

Post by yogi »

That is correct Vikki. The dedication of the core supporters of the president is phenomenal. In most cases those kind people would be locked up, but this is the president we are talking about. He represents the norm now, and can do no wrong.