KKK Endorsement

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

KKK Endorsement

Post by yogi »

I try hard to remain neutral and objective during these presidential campaigns. BUT, it's hard to keep silent about this one. I'm wondering what Donald Trump's reaction to this endorsement will be: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/11/1 ... reat-Again
pilvikki

Re: KKK Endorsement

Post by pilvikki »

I can't wait!

in a normal situation that'd be an anti-vote for him, but maybe not now?
yogi

Post by yogi »

Trump has been widely characterized as a populist. Is the KKK really what people are wanting these days? Truth is, I can't say for sure.
Icey

Post by Icey »

Why compare the two? The KKK might throw some support round a few of Trump's more outlandish ideas, but I doubt if he supports THEM. What his fans think is another matter, and maybe a lot of what's been said's just bluster. However, as I've said so many times, I can't quite "get" American politics, but Trump's been saying things which stir the patriotic hearts and make folk think: "If only ....."

You've seen what's happened here, and despite what some people're still saying, we're doing all right. The latest one's that we've secured a new order to manufacture cars, which'll supply 7000 people with jobs. Bringing industry back to poor areas is the sort of thing which people've been wanting. The mood of the public's definitely got better since the Brexit vote, and all it takes for the US to feel great again, is a belief that things can, and will, get done, but this takes a certain type of leader. Donald Trump has some damaging allegations against him. Now Mrs. Clinton seems to have as well. Maybe neither one are right to win the election, but it's a waiting game atm, and the world's watching.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Icey

Post by Icey »

I take the snippets with a pinch of salt. The Trump campaign responded to such things by saying it denounced hate in any form. I believe it. It's not their fault if the KKK choose to twist words and make it sound as though Trump supports them.

It's all getting out of hand, and people're listening to "celebs" who've been spouting off and encouraging rioting - as in Cher, as an example. This's dangerous and juvenile, and it doesn't take much to inflame disillusioned folk from thinking that this's the right course of action. Of course it isn't. If they want to fight so much, let them join the army and go and do a stint in Syria. They wouldn't be so quick to go on the rampage then, simply because their chosen candidate isn't going to make it as President.

A similar loony bunch're becoming laughing stocks over here - still bleating on about reversing the brexit vote. This's mostly from MPs and other precious government figures who stand to lose concessions, business dealings and maybe even their jobs once we come out of Europe. They've ridden on the back of the working class's taxes to feather their own nests, and now they don't like it when something threatens their liveliehood. It won't stop there. Many other little countries're envious of what we've done. France'll probably pull out next, but can you blame Trump for wanting to leave NATO? Not every country's been pulling their weight, so the US and others've been bailing them out. Very commendable, but very unfair on America. The little old UK'll always support you, and probably get help back. The rest of Europe could back that as well, but only if they pay their fair share, which they haven't been doing.

The only worry I have about Trump, is if he decided to press the red button in a fit of pique. I'd hope that he'd have more sense, but power can do strange things to people. Then again, a madness could come over any leader. So far, Mr. Obama and even Mrs. Clinton've been pretty gracious about Trump's win, and if they can do it, lesser mortals should take their lead.