Orlando

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Icey

Orlando

Post by Icey »

:sad: What can anyone say? I was so upset and shocked to hear the news. It's dominated our TVs this morning, putting a bit of a damper on the Queen's birthday celebrations along the Mall, but I know which (to my mind) was the most important.

It's reminded everyone of the Bataclan incident all over again.

So very sorry.
pilvikki

Re: Orlando

Post by pilvikki »

:worry:
yogi

Post by yogi »

The recent events at Orlando are the direct result of hatred and bigotry at their worst. The perpetrator is Muslim and that implicates his religion (not to mention his association with ISIS) in the terror attack. What more proof do people need that religion teaches us to hate others? Instead of shooting down the NRA and their support for 2nd amendment rights to own guns, it might be more appropriate to ban the teaching of religion altogether. I don't want to hear about how 99.9% of the believers are not violent or hell bent on destruction. I'm concerned about stopping and preventing that .1% from acting on their psychotic dreams.

ISIS is getting their just rewards in the middle east thanks to NATO and the coalition of nations bombing the daylights out of them. But that's not going to stop individuals like Omar Mateen from popping up without warning and venting their hate. Locking down borders and banning immigration is a false hope. Most of the damage is being done, and will continue to emerge, internally. "We have met the enemy, and he is us."
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

I have an unpleasant feeling this will get worse before it gets better...

and neither trump or Hilary are going to save the day. Bernie? he'll not get elected anyway, so...
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

Icey

Post by Icey »

What an apt saying!

I agree with a lot of what you said Yogi, but perhaps now you can better understand the predicament that the UK and France find ourselves in. The latest horror's reached your country as well, and yes, the threats come from within at the moment, but if migrants from middle eastern countries're allowed to flood in as's happening over here, the chances of people being radicalised by religious leaders in your own and other countries becomes greater.

We're a very small area in comparison to the US, and we're noticing the excess of foreign migrants in our cities and villages. Most of these people don't have jobs, can't speak much English, and, quite frankly, may not even be the people that their "passports" say they are. They're deliberately sending unaccompanied children over here, with families to follow later, once these people up to the age of 18 have been housed. It's not being unkind to say this must stop. It HAS to, or we won't have a country to call our own any more.

NATO and allies're doing a good job, but the terrorists aren't all in Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan now, because they keep on coming over here, and Belgium's a breeding ground for their activities. Bombing a country to smithereens isn't going to do much in the long run, except turn the place into dust and rubble. Who's going to build it up again? The militants hide within communities. No one knows when innocent folk're being killed or not. Their leaders're tucked away in mountain retreats, laughing at the surrounding chaos. When one leader gets hit, others simply spring up in his place. It disrupts, but doesn't stop them.

I really think we should all pull out and leave them to it, then concentrate on securing our own countries against further invasion. Let them keep their oil and whatever else. If they couldn't sell it, it'd become worthless anyway.