OMG ....

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
Icey

OMG ....

Post by Icey »

Is this guy sick or what?

He professes to be a christian, yet boasted about his hundreds of vile deeds. if he was in any way sorry, he'd surely show great remorse.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36429385
yogi

Re: OMG ....

Post by yogi »

You cannot be seriously questioning the mental health of this individual. :doh:

Huckle's claim to Christianity is not surprising in light of other revelations about priests who were discovered to be pedophiles. One's religious affiliations is no indication of their mental health. I have no problem with the claims per se, but these people certainly are not practicing Christian principles and ethics.

The man is certainly mentally disturbed beyond belief, but should there not be some room for compassion? His vile acts are the result of a compulsion that obviously went beyond his control. I realize that doesn't justify what he did, but could we not learn something from studying this individual in a controlled environment? Perhaps an understanding of his mentality can be applied to helping (identifying) other upright Christians before they do their dirty deeds.
Icey

Post by Icey »

I don't know Yogi. Like serial murderers, I've always believed that serial rapists and paedophiles're can't be tamed. You may well be right about this man's compulsion, but does anyone really want to know what drove him to act in the manner he did? He's been in our papers again today, saying how he filmed himself abusing children between the ages of 6 months and 12 years, and was selling videos to any pervert who cared to pay him. He declared that he'd "hit the jackpot" with one 3-year old, who was as loyal to him as his dog, and no one "seemed to mind".

These sort of people know full- well what they're doing. I have no compassion for them at all. Why makes excuses for a person who enjoys this kind of activity? Even if they could be "cured" of their compulsion, who'd knowingly risk them being in contact with youngsters, after committing such appalling acts against innocents?

Another well-known paedophile in London's been housed overlooking a childrens' play area. He snarled that he was entitled to look, as if he'd been going to do anything, he'd have done so by now. That cocky, calculated remark isn't from a man who's sorry for all the pain and terror he's inflicted on his past victims, and yet some do-gooders deemed him fit to return to society and allowed him to live where he does, under constant temptation. The moment he stops taking his medication, the chance of re-offending happens, and it's left up to the patient to decide whether to take it or not. This inappropriate decision's an "accident" waiting to happen, and if he DOES assault another child, the parole board, probation officers and social workers'll just do their usual hand-wringing, and blame anyone but themselves.

I admit these people need some type of help, but left to me, it wouldn't be within mainstream society. These're dangerous predators, who may or may not intentionally hurt their victims, but who'll always be drawn to their activities. Most people who've had their children and grandchildren abused, want to kill the perpetrator. I think this's a normal protective reaction. No matter that some people say we should think differently towards paedophiles, any interest in them doesn't extend to me feeling compassion - at all. If someone'd sexually touched one of my children, they'd have had to've held me back from them, and also from my husband. If I ever have any grandchildren, I shall feel exactly the same with regard to them as well.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

when something has gone so wrong in someone's brain, how are they expected to change? it's not like fixing a car - if a spark goes, get a new one. brain cross-wired... nope.

furthermore, if we're dealing with the mentally ill with a high percentage of recidivism, why are they not acknowledged as lost causes? it seems to go back to the "who really is the victim here"? question. if a person shows nothing but totally narcissistic behaviour, you know that's it!
yogi

Post by yogi »

I think it would benefit society at large to know exactly what drove this man to enjoy, promote, and profit from his depraved behaviors. There is much concern about people with bombs and guns, for example, who walk around freely and integrate well with their neighbors. Many eyebrows are raised when it's discovered these folks are perverts and/or terrorist in disguise. I think there is a personality profile and probably a genetic marking that can identify these people via a screening. Examining perpetrators of sexual violence against babes and children under a psychological and medical microscope most certainly would reveal things we are unaware of today. Doing that kind of study and applying the results would require some basic changes in social attitude, unfortunately. Regardless, tossing a threat to society in a cell for the rest of his life is also a burden on society. Something useful can and should be done with these people.
Icey

Post by Icey »

I appreciate your views on this Yogi, but I can't see WHAT use these people could be to society. Just a handful of perpetrators've requested chemical castration, as they came to understand how wrong their actions were, and decided that if castration 'd prevent them from offending again, they'd go through with it. However, the chemical method isn't foolproof, because if the drugs're stopped, the "patient" goes back to feeling how they did before the treatment started. Physical castration might be a step in the right direction as it obviously interferes with the endocrine system, resulting in sterility in both a physical and mental capacity, but no one knows if this'd work on every patient.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

but no one knows if this'd work on every patient
easy for me to say, but let's try it out...
Icey

Post by Icey »

I think so as well. You don't ever get "doctored" tom cats getting the urge once they've had the chop, do you?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

not in my experience. they become rather docile instead...
Icey

Post by Icey »

Exactly. I read an article on drugs which're given to paedophiles to try and prevent their urges from becoming reality. The problem seems to concern how much testosterone and associated hormones their bodies make, so these drugs target the ones responsible, but apparently they wear off after so many months of use anyway.

Then it'd make sense to perform a physical castration. This'd remove the production of testosterone and abnormal and high sex drives'd disappear. That's the theory anyway. These days, physical castration isn't used, but the tide of thought's turning back to the practice.

Research in Germany found that among 33 castrated men, 11 were still able to have intercourse, while a study in Denmark, where surgical castration was common until 1972, found that re-offending was dramatically reduced. A convicted paedophile who underwent the surgery, said afterwards that his libido'd undergone a complete change, and that he had no sexual thoughts towards anyone at all.

Obviously, more research into the area needs doing, but it seems that a hormone imbalance can trigger un-natural urges in both men and women.
Icey

Post by Icey »

And finally, this evil pervert's got what he deserves ...... even his own parents'd asked that he be taken away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36458472

And then we get this one!! If he's found guilty, I hope that his age doesn't prevent some sort of punishment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-36460749