Cheeseburger-flavored Doritos

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Cheeseburger-flavored Doritos

Post by yogi »

We all know why "junk food" is called junk food, right? If you ever ate any version of Doritos, I'm sure you would agree with me that it's plain and simple junk food. Be that as it may, a lot of people eat it. They actually crave it. Patrick De Justo is a journalist who thoroughly investigated what it is that goes into the making of cheeseburger-flavored Doritos. It really was no surprise to learn the list of ingredients because PepsiCo, the makers of this particular junk food, is required by law to state the ingredients on the package label. De Justo, however, has an interesting story to tell when he researched this ingredients list in detail. The linked article vividly portrays what happens when a responsible journalist tries to get to the source of the matter. PepsiCo wanted to have nothing to do with him. I have to wonder why.

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/01/the_dir ... wl_sunday/
Icey

Re: Cheeseburger-flavored Doritos

Post by Icey »

The article's right, and the artificial food colourings they use can be dangerous and shouldn't be given to children.

http://blog.fooducate.com/2011/01/27/th ... -a-dorito/
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I'm past caring,
I'll try them at least once..
Icey

Post by Icey »

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a label-checker these days, but prefer home-made stuff anyway, because I know exactly what's in it.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

that makes sense,
I try to eat fresh but it's easier to slip a dinner in the micro wave..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Yes, and slowly be poisoned by those pre-cooked things.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Once in a while is ok..
Icey

Post by Icey »

Yep.