Hottest November Ever

This forum is currently archived and READ-ONLY
yogi

Hottest November Ever

Post by yogi »

November of 2015, according to NOAA, was the hottest ever recorded breaking last year's hottest ever record. The average global temperature was 1.73F above the average for the 20th century. Word on the street is that it's not going to let up any time soon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/noaa-novemb ... re-record/
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Hottest November Ever

Post by brandtrn »

It appears that the "balmy" November weather is finally letting up here, sadly. We had temps in the low 30s this morning, I had to defrost my car windows upon leaving work, and we've actually seen a few snowflakes since I got home. Hello, December! Too bad, really! I was hoping that I'd not have to become a "snowbird" in my old age...but with the worsening of my arthritis, I'm thinking of warmer climes all the time :-(
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
Icey

Post by Icey »

We're still fairly mild for this time of the year. The past few days, the temperatures haven't been massive, and we've had a lot of rain and dark skies, but it's still warmer than usual for December. We're to expect it getting bad in January/February time though, as is normal for the UK, but overall, the predictions're that we ARE going to get warmer as time goes on.
That won't go down well with me. I hate it when it gets too hot. 25C bakes me! : )
imhotep the 2nd

Post by imhotep the 2nd »

Brrrr I truly hate the winter. Especially when you have to travel to work in the treacherous weather!!!
I prefer to stay at home when it gets too icy and snowy.
Give me hibernation any time. Mmmmm......Please don't disturb me until April. Thank you!
Lol
brandtrn
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by brandtrn »

I agree, Icey, hot temps are not happy things for me, either. I LOVE sleeping in a cold (65 F or less) bedroom with LOTS of blankets piled on top of me, and even in the summer, I keep my thermostat set for 68 F or less...I'd rather pile more clothes ON, because there are only so many that I can take OFF! Especially at my age, when those hot flashes are so prevalent, the extremely warm weather can be almost as bad as the cold stuff...too bad that my poor old joints don't seem to agree with my opinion on this matter!
"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have." -- Leonard Nimoy (1931-2015)
Icey

Post by Icey »

I hear you're due for a deluge of rain again imhotep. There've been flood warnings for Carmarthenshire. : (

Yes, Cindy. I'm just trying to convert the fahrenheit back to celsius which we use over here now. It's about 18-ish, I think! 65F would still feel a bit warm to me, but nothing much above that'd make me happy! I totally agree with you that you can put more clothes on, but when you're sweltered and down to the buff, it's difficult to stay cool isn't it? I much prefer a colder climate, and yet I'm now like yourself. I have arthritis in my knee, and I'm sure it'd feel better if it was a bit warmer outside. In the house, it's OK. The thermostat at the moment registers at 25C (77F), which might seem extremely warm to you, and would be to me if this was outdoors, but it just feels pleasant atm because of the airiness in the room.