Coffee Drinking Benefits

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Re: Coffee Drinking Benefits

Post by yogi »

Seems like Boeing's 737 MAX might be in need of more dihedral. LOL
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I hear ya! Hi Hi...
When I used to fly model airplanes, after moving from on a line to RC, I made sure all of my planes had good dihedral.
Then I built this racing plane called an RC Nobler. It was straight wing, with the wings in the center in order to both speed and to do stunts.
Turns out it was the hardest plane I ever tried to fly. You had to constantly remember YOU are the one keeping it level.

It is actually easier to learn to fly a plane if you've never driven a car, hi hi.
In a car you turn the steering wheel and keep it turned as you make the turn then let it spin back to center.
In a plane you only turn the wheel long enough to change the angle of the wingtips to the ground.
Then pull back on the stick to make the turn, but even then you push back on the stick after you are into the turn.
Then you have to turn the steering wheel back to relevel the plane once again.
The same stick that makes a plane go up or down is also what you use to turn the plane, so it can get confusing.
And the faster you are going the more responsive the controls are.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Way back in the days of early Windows 98 Microsoft sold a program called Flight Simulator. The graphics were fair but the simulation was beyond amazing. I flew everything from a Piper Cub to a Boeing jet (don't recall the model) and I don't think I ever completed a trip without crashing. LOL The steering was exactly as you say and I often went out of control. I used the traditional joy stick but never could get it calibrated properly. It was too sensitive or not sensitive at all. The coolest thing to fly was some Air Force jet, which I did manage to land without crashing. The interesting thing there was diving. You could not just push the stick forward and dive. The plane had to be flipped upside down first then pull the stick back. It had something to do with the blood rushing to your head and causing unconsciousness if you did it the wrong way. Now and days the simulator is online and they don't sell it stand alone anymore. I still have it in my closet somewhere but not the joystick.
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Seems like I played with a flight simulator back then myself.
But then I got into the car race games instead.
I made like three or four cross country races without crashing, which was not easy to do.
The hardest part was remembering to refuel and change tires. Forget either and you are dead on the road.

Remember the early game boxes that only had like Pong and Little Brick Out on them?
The old one I had actually sold at auction before I moved south for like 150 bucks.
I think it was only like 40 bucks new, and why someone would want it now beats me.
I doubt things like that would become collectors items. But you never know!