Pickles in Des Peres, Mo.

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Pickles in Des Peres, Mo.

Post by yogi »

Ok Gary, tell me all you know about this. :mrgreen:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/state/m ... 93079.html
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Pickles in Des Peres, Mo.

Post by Kellemora »

It could be a warning to Des Peres for getting themselves into a pickle, hi hi.
However, the first jar was probably left by one of the road construction workers.
It was not uncommon for them to eat dill pickles and sometimes drink the juice to prevent leg cramps.
It sat their so long it became like a landmark, hi hi.

I lived at I-270 and Big Bend for 5 years. There was a high school letter jacket hanging on the back of the Yield sign at the top of the ramp. It was there when I moved in, and still there when I moved out 5 years later. It had to have been there for years before I moved in too, because it was already faded to nearly gray at that time.

In one of my books I wrote about a workman's lunch bucket left inside of a wall, plus a few other things, some I did not put into the story. Was afraid it would make it sound made up, even though we had a couple of the items ourselves from when the school was razed.

As far as the pickle jar goes, it could have been on the ground and someone picked it up so it wouldn't cut a car tire and it just sat their for years before it disappeared.