tumblr test

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
pilvikki

tumblr test

Post by pilvikki »

glasses i got for the kids:

hey! it works!
yogi

Re: tumblr test

Post by yogi »

Yes indeed it does work. The only thing I do not like is that you have to hot link to the Tumblr server in order to see the picture. They don't seem to care, but a lot of other web sites do. My suggestion was intended to see how you like Tumblr in general. It's designed to publish whole blogs, and I'd not mind you posting links to your blog instead of just the pictures. Also, I have a Tumblr account of my own. So ... if I knew your identity there, I could follow you. :whistle:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

not much to follow as i'm just picking pictures to post atm and i'm not sure i like that place yet....

it's 'slightly broken penguin' if i ever get to it, same as Instagramand; same deal, a few pictures. i don't feel comfortable, or inspired in those places.

speaking on, there was this person called herself 'aloneandlovingit', i think it was. i couldn't tell from a picture, i followed her back. it turns out she wasn't doing much loving, but a whole of ranting about the unfairness to her son, the loving father who could not see his kids. on and on. yeah... no!
yogi

Post by yogi »

There are a few reasons I don't like Tumblr, but it is a true blogging media. As such, you will find all manner of people, places, and things on Tumblr. I don't do Instagram, but I imagine it is the same thing done up in pictures.

People use Tumblr for any number of purposes, but they are limited to the blog format in force over there. If you look into 'yogihacks' you will see some things I found interesting off the Internet. You will also see photo journals of various personal projects I engaged in during my tenure with Tumblr. I intended my blog to be viewed by only two family members and it is composed with them in mind. Today there are a dozen or two people who follow me and an equal amount who I follow.

My Tumblr blog is no big thing and less prone to bad actors than is Farcebook. Then again, there was that political campaign that made my Tumblr account vulnerable to Russian hacker tricks. They were nice enough to tell me about the bad actors I was following, but it took them nearly three years to tell me my login and password had been compromised. Yes, that's bad. But it's not nearly as sinister as what Zuckerberg is doing.