The Pallet Effect

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

The Pallet Effect

Post by yogi »

The broke a record with an old trick, but somehow it's still satisfying to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq95IP ... tion=share
pilvikki

Re: The Pallet Effect

Post by pilvikki »

i loved the sound effect i expected they had not thought of. still, there's always one person to ask "why?" and - that'd be me... :think:
yogi

Post by yogi »

They were out to set a record, which makes me wonder who is keeping track of such records.
"Why", you ask?
It's a guy thing, You know?
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

They sure had them close together.

We did something similar once, except we spaced them exactly far enough apart the top edge would stay on the bottom edge of the pallet it knocked over, but only for a split second, and then it would drop to the floor so they all laid flat.
It was only a row of about 80 if I recall, because that was all the space we had to work with. Oh, and they were the old wooden type too.

Wish I could remember exactly how we did it, because it was interesting.
yogi

Post by yogi »

I'm guessing the pallets in the video are close because they had limited space and were trying to set a record. What you did was technically more interesting. It seems as if your pallets had to slide a bit to hang on the edge and then drop. You probably had to wax the floors to make it all work. :mrgreen:
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

There is a trick to it, but it wasn't waxed floors for sure.

Wait, I remember the trick now. The last pallet to fall had to do so off the end of the loading dock, to cause the second to last pallet to end up flat on the floor.

As the pallets fell, the top edge of the pusher pallet rested on the bottom edge of the pallet it toppled over.
This means they all sat zig-zag fashion after they fell until the end pallet fell off the end of the loading dock.
Then as each pallet dropped down to flat on the floor, the top edge of the one ahead of it would fall.

It was a neat little trick that at first looked impossible, until you saw it happen.

Not sure if this link will work until I post and then try it. These are concrete cap blocks.

https://youtu.be/yY_w1uozitY