job test

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
pilvikki

job test

Post by pilvikki »

Murphy applied for a forklift job at a famous Irish firm based in Dublin.
A Norwegian applied for the same job and since both applicants had similar qualifications, they were asked to take a test and then led to a quiet room with no interruptions by the Manager.
When the results were in, both men had scored 19 out of 20.
The manager went to Murphy and said, "Thank you for coming to the interview, but we've decided to give the Norwegian the job."
Murphy asked,... "And why would you be doing that? We both got 19 questions correct. This being Ireland and me being Irish surely I should get the job."
Manager, "We made our decision not on the correct answers, but on the question you got wrong."
Murphy, "And just how would one incorrect answer be better than another?"
Manager "That's simple; on question number 7 the Norwegian wrote down, 'I don't know.'
You put down, 'Neither do I.' "
yogi

Re: job test

Post by yogi »

:lmao1:

OK, it wasn't THAT funny, but it was cute
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Sorta reminds me of the exam I took to get my electricians Journeyman license.
It had a couple of questions that not only seemed illogical, but they shouldn't be on the exam in the first place.
I don't remember exactly what they were, but one was something like, 'what question did you find the most difficult, and why?' And, 'do you think you passed this written test?'
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

that's for an electrician?

really makes no sense.

:think: :think:
imhotep the 2nd

Post by imhotep the 2nd »

Hi vikki....long time no speak guys. But finally found time to get back on nbf Chats to see what's going on.
You made my day reading that one... :cool:
:lol:
imhotep the 2nd

Told my mum that joke and she approved lol
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

I just remembered, those odd questions were not on the official license exam, they were on the local trades tests.
Almost all of the licensing tests were math problems. Most of which I forgot 40 years ago, hi hi.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

hi imho! :grin:

how are you doing?

and math... sodding lost the little i knew, it seems...
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

Math never was my high point either. I learn what I need to know while I'm using it, then promptly forget it when I don't use it.
Ironic I'm a writer, and have been for a good many years. Yet I don't know English very well. Don't know the names of the parts of speech, and couldn't diagram a sentence if my life depended on it. I know when it sounds right, and cringe when it don't, hi hi.

I exercise for an hour three days a week doing my cardiac rehab routine.
Although I can do the exercises, it seems when I try to do something else, like trim a bush, or nail a loose board, I'm totally worn out in only a couple of minutes.
I have learned to warm up for five minutes first before I try to do anything, and this helps considerably.
I'm pretty sure the exercises are geared such we can do them, even as they get harder.
Probably a scientific reason behind the exercises and the order they are done in too.
I'm hanging in there!
imhotep the 2nd

Hiya vikki...I'm very good thanks for asking. Sure has been a long time since I last spoke to you wonderful peeps :cool:
I have to admit I don't exercise that much either, however the job I am in certainly doesthat for me. I've heard that going to cetain gyms can be quite expensive. I do most of the rushing around in my wholesaler job. I don't like my job but it's something to earn my keep I guess.

Once I get home after work, I just feel like I want to chill out and watch TV with my mum. Lol
imhotep the 2nd

Having said all the above...ahem...I still have my love handles so to speak. :lol:
But at least I'm not fat or too obese. I saw a person today while shopping in my town centre, and this guy was huge, way huge!!!
I was like.... :eek:
Hi didn't walk properly, he waddled along! I don't know if these people have a glandular problem, or some other problem, or could just be that they love their food too much. I for one just eat when I'm feeling hungry. I would never eat for eating sake!!
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i know what you mean, imho, sometimes we see people as tall as they're wide and wonder how they got there. there was funny post on one of health stuff boards as this lady had posted a picture of herself and then said she was despairing for only having lost 9 kg and now weighing 204 kg.

kg? :yikes: :lol: :lol: she meant 204 lbs! as she sure as hell didn't look like 450 lbs.

i need to start lopping off a few... and wonder i got here... need to part with at least 20 lbs. :confused: oh drat! did the conversion and it's more like 30... sod.