Crossing the Gap

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Crossing the Gap

Post by yogi »

I guess danger is just a matter of attitude. These guys have the right attitude: https://imgur.com/gallery/MTwQ1
pilvikki

Re: Crossing the Gap

Post by pilvikki »

i don't think i have enough attitude...

in another life hubby, his sister, her husband and i were moseying about the rockies near Banff. we were way the hell up this mountain and merrily chatting and got onto a narrow path on the side on the top of the mountain. we met a family of big horn sheep. a large family. there was barely enough room to squeeze by and we flattened ourselves against the wall until they'd passed by.

well! that was.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

as we got back onto the wider path, one of us geniuses noticed the signs:

DANGER! KEEP OUT!
yogi

Post by yogi »

I bet being on the edge of danger, literally, was quite exhilarating. :mrgreen:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

oh not to me! the rest of the gang thought it a riot, i just get grumpy for my "slight" problem with heights.

i while later they were merrily peering over the edge to a ½ mile drop into the valley below, after having climbed over the "safety" railing of a few logs a couple of feet off the ground. i flipped...
yogi

Post by yogi »

I guess I took more chances when I was younger; just for the thrill of it. I kind of miss those times.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

ah, for me it was speed... how fast could one get from our house west side toronto to m-i-l's house on vermont border (literally), a trip of 800 km (just about 500 miles), even. i once did it in 6 ½ hrs and that's through montreal, 30 mins slower than my insane b-i-l.

now the 130 km speed limit on the highway is just fine...
yogi

Post by yogi »

Anything more than 90 minutes on the road is too long for me. I can't wait until they perfect self-driving cars.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

you need a Kit car! :lol:
yogi

Post by yogi »

I was just thinking how you did 500 miles in 6 1/2 hours of drive time. It's 310 miles from here to Chicago and we can't do that any quicker than 5 1/2 hours without any pit stops.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

easy! it's highway right through except in montreal, where you have to go through a few streets with slower limits. and well, speed limits - anything to do with rules - in quebec were merely suggestions...

so, we used to boot along at 100 m/h +. so you'd not get sleepy on such a long trip... perfectly rational. not, but that was the 80's.

i only got one speeding ticket for 129/k/h, or 29 over, ontario side. cost $42. and the cop knew i was going way faster, but i'd slowed down so fast he could net get a bead on me - and he was furious!

:whistle:
yogi

Post by yogi »

You would have to average 160 km/hr in order to make the trip in 6 hours. Damn ... what kind of car were you driving? A forumla 1 racecar?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, i don't know about now, but if you then were doing 100 m/h in the fast lane you'd soon get an irate frenchman flashing his lights for you to get the hell out of his way! yep, it really was like formula 1, lol! unlike ontario, where lanes are mostly a free-for-all, in quebec they stuck to the overtaking on the left. just well at the rate they were going or it would have been wall to wall carnage. come t think of it, one of the few rules they did stick to.

i drove a wee tourismo with 180 k/h on the clock, but it went up to 200. i rarely took it up to the limits for i figured it wasn't good for the engine, lol!

still, this was slow going compared to our 1971 road runner, with 160 + M/h on the clock. now, that sucker moved! :lol:
yogi

Post by yogi »

You would probably 'red line' before you hit the max speed on any car. I had no idea you were into muscle cars. You seem like such a quiet girl.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

yogi

Post by yogi »

Put your pants on :redface:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:lmao2:

i AM getting forgetful!