seriously! what...?

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
pilvikki

seriously! what...?

Post by pilvikki »

i'm stumped. pls help.

yogi

Re: seriously! what...?

Post by yogi »

One time, many years ago, I bought an off-the-rack suit that would be custom tailored to my ... needs. The tailor did the usual measurements of length, waist, and inseam. He asked about the cuffs I prefer and noted one leg shorter by 1/2 inch. Then he asked what side do I 'dress' on. He was looking down at my action zone. To be honest, I never thought about what side my equipment was dressed to. I told him the right side and he was happy. A couple weeks later I got the altered pants and they did indeed fit perfectly. To this day I've never run across that situation again. I guess they just don't make tailors like they used to.

I don't know what they mean by 'action zone' in that ad, but I bet that old tailor would know.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

i think you've got it!

i remember last hubby having a suit made (just one - he was a casual type of guy) and the question came up as in "do you hang left or right?"

rather blunt, lol!
yogi

Post by yogi »

So ... the question remains. What at they talking about in that ad?
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

:question: :question: :question:
yogi

Post by yogi »

And now, for the rest of the story: https://consumerist.com/2014/01/23/no-t ... -not-real/