Quicksand Escape

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Quicksand Escape

Post by yogi »

Just in case you wondered how to save yourself from drowning in quicksand, I have the answer for you. You can't drown because your body would never go completely under. Something to do with buoyancy. Don't panic, of course, and wait for things to settle down. Then:
Once the quicksand has settled at your midsection, it’s time to initiate your exit strategy. Start wiggling your legs to allow the water that’s mixed with the mush to enter gaps surrounding your body. This is going to make the sand start to loosen.

Now lean back and start to backstroke like you’re in a swimming pool while continuing to wiggle your legs. Your upper body will serve as a counterweight and you can start to reverse-crawl out of the substance. It may take a little bit, but eventually you should be able to free one leg, and then the other. Once you do, roll over onto your stomach and crawl to solid, safe ground.
Voila!

http://time.com/4797996/quicksand-trapped-advice/
pilvikki

Re: Quicksand Escape

Post by pilvikki »

funny enough, i watched Lawrence of Arabia a couple of weeks ago and there was a scene where a kid went down. and i was thinking 'he's an arab, and he doesn't know what to do?'

me... i believe i'll just stay the hell away from it...