Record Number of Views

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Record Number of Views

Post by yogi »

Here it is. The video that broke the all time record for views on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk
pilvikki

Re: Record Number of Views

Post by pilvikki »

well, i managed one minute of it....
yogi

Post by yogi »

I did two minutes. That gal was pretty sexy.

The previous record holder was Psy's Gangnam Style. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0 I watch that one all the way through.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

now, that was a hoot!

i've no idea what this bit was supposed to be about. maybe i would, had i managed to last the almost 5 mins, but no... not that interested...

yawn
yogi

Post by yogi »

I've become more cynical and skeptical as the years go by. I happen to know there are 'bots' (automated computer programs) that can visit a web site in great numbers. You may have read about DDoS attacks by networks of computers whose sole purpose is to flood the server to the point where it can't handle the requests and shuts down. Well, those same bots can be used to up the view-count of a YouTube video.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

hm... do the people still get paid the same?
yogi

Post by yogi »

In the case of the music video the only purpose of a high view count would be visibility. Presumably the more visibility you have the more income you have too.