Glowing Report

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Glowing Report

Post by yogi »

So ... it turns out that our bodies glow, they emit light
The researchers found the body glow rose and fell over the day, with its lowest point at 10 a.m. and its peak at 4 p.m., dropping gradually after that. These findings suggest there is light emission linked to our body clocks, most likely due to how our metabolic rhythms fluctuate over the course of the day.
https://www.livescience.com/7799-strang ... light.html
Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Re: Glowing Report

Post by Kellemora »

We studied what dogs and cats can see that we cannot. It is really amazing also. When we are in darkness below our eyes sensitivity, a dog can see about twice that amount lower, and a cat about four times lower.
One thing of interest is, many dogs toys are red, a color they cannot see very well. A red ball in green grass looks like a gray ball in brownish gray grass, harder for them to find than perhaps a yellow or blue ball. Dog see the color blue best, followed by yellow. That much I remember from my studies.
The light story you found Yogi could be why dogs make good medical alert companions. Perhaps, besides odors or sounds from our bodies, they also sense how our light emission is doing?
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

This is fascinating I believe we are all spiritual beings ...could these glows be our souls? :think:
certainly our life force... :think:
yogi

Post by yogi »

It's the same phenomena we observe in glowworms and fireflies. I don't see a spiritual connection.
imhotep the 2nd

Post by imhotep the 2nd »

I sometimes think we have some sort of an inner spirit or whatever it is, and it really fascinates me on how we actually get this inner spirit, since we all start our lives as just a tiny cell. Incredible really isn't it??
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, since we do run on electricity, it's logical that some of it leaks out, yes?
yogi

Post by yogi »

Most people tend to think that the spirit creates the body. In my view the body creates not only the spirit but the entire universe of which we are cognizant.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I've said that many times!
If we are made of electricity how do we not get electrocuted when we are made of 95% water?
yogi

Post by yogi »

The electric level in humans is very low. Not enough to kill you, unless you happen upon an electric chair of course.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It all depends on how we are wired..
some people reckon they can see a glow of light around others... :think:
yogi

Post by yogi »

I've encountered mystics and/or psychics who claim they can see the human aura. I'm not sure it's the same as this biochemical light in the article because the aura extends quite a distance from the body. Not everyone can see it, which makes it suspect.
imhotep the 2nd

I feel a sense of an aura around me....or is it because I'm feeling rather warm. Hehe...in any case I agree. I always remember using a blown up balloon and rubbing it on the arm of my jumper and placing it near my head and my hair would stand on it's end.
:lol:
yogi

Post by yogi »

Is that a treatment for baldness?
imhotep the 2nd

Oooh now that would be cool,coz my hair is thinning a bit on top. Tbh I feel a bit self conscious about my hair going thin on top.
I'm tempted one day to have a hair transplant, but I dread how much it will cost me!!
I'm still using shampoos that help to thicken hair and caffeine shampoos as well.
When I was in my early twenties I had quite a head full of hair and was really happy with it, although it was rather floppy and blew about in the wind. Haha
imhotep the 2nd

Personally, I'd love to relive my life in my late teens to the 20s again :wink: :smile:
Those were really good times back then...hehe
:sigh:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Morning all...live for today is a what I say....
yogi

Post by yogi »

Looking back at all the phases in my life, I think retirement is probably the best time. Aside from the accompanying 'old age' illnesses, life could not be better enjoyed than at the end of the day.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

WISE WORDS...