Remembering Icey

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
tomsk

Re: Remembering Icey

Post by tomsk »

:lol:
I think not..
I had a chance to meet them both in London last year..
I wish I had... :loveu: :loveu: :loveu:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

yeah, you chickened out....

imhotep the 2nd

Post by imhotep the 2nd »

One thing I really loved by her is that she used to send me emails with some lovely ecards every Christmas time and she sent me Birthday ecards too.
Gonna miss my ecard very much this year. I've known her for many years myself...
imhotep the 2nd

I would say at least 10 years or more
imhotep the 2nd

Thanks yogi...just read your message :cool:
imhotep the 2nd

I've actually sent an email to her son Conor recently and he said he'd get back to me as soon as he can. He's very busy atm with work and life, so I fully understand that. I sent him and his family my most sincere condolences and thoughts.
He said that his mum mentioned me a lot when me and Icey started emailing each other. She used to tell me how things were getting on with life at home...etc. can't remember where about she lived. I think I know...but will check among my old emails to confirm if I'm right or not
imhotep the 2nd

tomsk wrote:Well said...Vikki new her most and their stories made me howl with laughter... :loveu:
Couldn't agree more tomsk...the world was such a beautiful place with Icey around...and loads of laughs
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

pilvikki wrote:yeah, you chickened out....

I never did I was shagged out... :rolleyes: you know how hard I work...
It's just lovely to know you all but I wish I had met you I'm just very boring I;m afraid... :lol: :rolleyes: :loveu: :loveu: :loveu:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

I shall miss her greeting cards too....
imhotep the 2nd

Oooh you received greetings cards too tomsk...that's nice to know. It's also nice to know you too tomsk.
Hmmm I think I could describe myself as a bit boring sometimes too. I'm more of a listener, but when I get to know someone a bit more I can talk much more then. Haha...even in work I can be a reticent person at times.
imhotep the 2nd

Well my eyes are getting really droopy now since I went to sleep very late last night.
I'm logging off now.... :tiredPC:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

read you all in a weeks times...
Icey sent cards to lot's of people ....typical Icey...xxx
yogi

Post by yogi »

She never failed to send us greetings for every occasion. Those Jacquie Lawson cards are epic
ConorRoyston

Post by ConorRoyston »

Hello, I made an account to browse around a bit easier rather than keep logging into my mums account.

The funeral is tomorrow.
Everything is sorted other than I need to quickly finish and tweak the eulogy. ( quick question, is that word pronounced "oology"? )

I went to visit her today at the Funeral Parlor.
It was hard and emotional since it was the first time I had seen her since passing. The last time I saw her was in hospital a few days before it happened.

I want to say a thank you to the people that have personally emailed me. Sorry if I haven't replied yet, I've been working nearly every day so I guess my focus has been on that. In a way it's good because it has taken some of the hardship off my mind however, these next few days are the most days I'll of had off together in a long time so I'm sure it'll be an experience.

Again, if anyone wants to get in contact or ask me anything, my email is on the last post from Iceys account on page one.

-
Conor.
yogi

Post by yogi »

Hello Conor - it's great to see your name in our ranks. Thank you for your interest in our forums and for taking the time to give us details of our late dear friend, Icey. Saying good-bye is never easy. I was not able to give a eulogy* at my mom's funeral. It was indeed one of the most emotional moments in my life. But, mom told us that she didn't want any of us to mourn her. Instead she would like us to celebrate the wonderful life she led while she was among us. At the funeral a few of her most favored songs were sung, a few prayers said, and a lot of good memories about mom brought up. It wasn't exactly a party, but the family did take mom's advice and sent her off in style.

As you peruse deeper into our postings you will find many contributions from Icey. You may even want to look into the neo-brainformation archives because Icey posted quite a bit before we changed our mane to bfchat. We are well past our heydays, but those of us who are still active members knew and loved Icey. I'm sure we all have fond memories of her.

* I'm not positive about eulogy's pronunciation given the fact that you and I speak two different versions of the English language. :mrgreen: I put the word into a Google search and it came back with a definition plus an audio clip of the pronunciation.
eu·lo·gy
ˈyo͞oləjē/
noun
a speech or piece of writing that praises someone or something highly, typically someone who has just died.
"his good friend delivered a brief eulogy"
synonyms: accolade, panegyric, paean, tribute, compliment, commendation; ...
ConorRoyston

Post by ConorRoyston »

Finally after a long day, I'm back at home.

The speech went pretty well, I may post a copy of it on here in a few days.

-Cheers for the pronunciation Yogi- :P

Time for bed.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

god bless you Conor your Mum was always going on about you all..and well keeping it simple (I be!) we all loved her very much ...she was so much fun and such a genuine kind Lady.....xxxx
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

what tom said...
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

She loved this video...
woops! back in a bit.... :doh: :rolleyes:

:cool: :thumbu:
pilvikki