Remembering Icey

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
yogi

Remembering Icey

Post by yogi »

I received word today that our dear friend Icey (Briar) has succumbed to her long battle with cancer. She was one of the most prolific contributors to our forums and was eternally optimistic in her views. We will miss her participation and inspiration dearly.

May you rest in peace, Icey, my friend.
pilvikki

Re: Remembering Icey

Post by pilvikki »

Oh this hurts...

I think I need a time out.

:realsad:
yogi

Post by yogi »

Kellemora
Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel

Post by Kellemora »

So sad to hear this! We exchanged a few e-mails the last couple of years. Loved speaking with her!
Thanks for letting us know Yogi.
ocelotl

Post by ocelotl »

I was wondering about her. Sorry to read she has departed... Thanks for telling us Yogi.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

Icey

Post by Icey »

Hello there!

My name is Conor. Icey/Briar was my mum.
Finally got around to sorting out her computer ( I was always the computer wiz in the family, still never got her to properly learn copy and pasting or multiple tabs for a browser however ;] )

My mum passed away peacefully on Tuesday the 5th of Multiple cancers and other problems. If I count it from the first cancer she got it's been a 9 year battle.

If anyone would like to ask any questions, get some info or just get in contact, you're more than welcome to do so through my email Image

I've never used this site until now, but my mum spoke a lot about people on here, especially you Yogi. I thank you all and again, if you have any questions, just email. :)

-
Conor, Son of Icey.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

imhotep the 2nd

Post by imhotep the 2nd »

Nooooooooooo......Oh Conor. Only now I have managed to find some spare time to log on nbf Chat..etc.
I am ever so sorry to hear about the sad news of your wonderful amazing mum. You won't believe how sorrowful I am towards your mum. I've been online friends with Briar for many years, and I feel awful for making it so late until now to log on here. I'm honestly trying to hold back tears while trying to reply back to you. I am so hoping that you will read this message of mine as Briar and I got on so well together online and she used to send lots of emails to me when she got the time to do so. She mentioned about how you and your brother were progressing as well as how her week had passed.
She always used to send me an E-birthday card greeting and Christmas card message.
I'll finish off by offering you my sincere condolences, thoughts and respects to you and your family. I will send you an email as soon as I can.
She will be sorely missed by all on this website. God bless her!
:realsad:
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

My heart is broken,our dearert beautiful friend xxx
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Dearest...spelling , she is laughing at that xxx
imhotep the 2nd

Hi tomsk...I wonder if this website will still be as active without her from now on. She will be sorely missed by all. :-(
I pray that she is somewhere peaceful and looking down upon us right now. Even my heart is broken too my friend. She really was loved by all.
I think I still have your email address tomsk, so will send you an email when I get the chance.
RIP Icey...we all love you xx
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

We do..
yogi

Post by yogi »

Icey was the single most prolific contributor to the content in our discussions and chat. Given the very low number of active members who post here, Icey's absence represents a significant loss of new content. We will miss her for that, but the main void created is the absence of interesting and significant commentary that other people like to read. Icey can never be equaled or replaced, but it is possible to maintain the interest in the content if we all try a little harder.
imhotep the 2nd

Hi yogi....I totally agree with you there my friend.
Although having said that...I run such a busy and hectic life, I just can't seem to get enough time to do most things in a day. :sigh:

So my sincere apologies for not logging on so much nowadays. But I'll try my best to get the time to do so.
I see that we still have nice people like pilvikki and tomsk and other guys on this site. :cool:
yogi

Post by yogi »

Your support is always welcome Imhop, but I also realize that we all have a real life to tend to. Come by when you can. We don't ask for anything more.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

sad to say, but often it feels like this is my 'real' life...

on the other hand, it IS very interesting. still, icey sure left a big dent in it. :realsad:
yogi

Post by yogi »

Think of it this way. You would be a different person today if you never met Icey. She is a part of your life experiences that cannot be lost.
tomsk

Post by tomsk »

Well said...Vikki new her most and their stories made me howl with laughter... :loveu:
yogi

Post by yogi »

I think they made up most of the stories