Happy Easter!

The is the core forum of BFC. It's all about informal and random talk on any topic.
Forum rules
Post a new topic to begin a chat.
Any topic is acceptable, and topic drift is permissible.
pilvikki

Re: Happy Easter!

Post by pilvikki »

yes, that's the explanation that makes the most sense, for its origin. however, when it's carried along by educated and intelligent people, that's where i lose the plot. f. ex. look at the nannies who look/ed after the wealthy children - and yet were not allowed to use the same toilet they in the house! i mean, seriously? you trust the very lives of your children to a person you don't regard/treat as fully human! it takes some special kind of stupid to keep it going.
yogi

Post by yogi »

The term White Supremacist is bantered about frequently these days. That phrase pretty much explains the basis of the culture war underlying racism. Some white folks believe they are better than the rest of humanity, and the feeling is contagious. I see the same attitude among religious folks who believe their god is the only one the rest of the world should honor and adore. Christians, for example, feel privileged. Being in an exclusive club doesn't mean you cannot exploit others for your own advantage. To be fair they have also been widely persecuted, which brings me back to the concept of culture wars and killing off anybody who is not like you.

I could apply the same logic to the "rape culture" highly promoted by our president. Males believe they are better than females in many places, and this notion is culturally and ethically accepted by both genders. There has been some news lately about female gentile mutilation endorsed and practiced by certain religious leaders in these modern times. Women, in their belief, should not be allowed to experience the same pleasure that men do.

All this goes beyond intellectual reasoning. I see it as a struggle between good and evil, and the latter seems to be winning at the moment.
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

well, evil just unloaded a semi full of smelly shit on the whitehouse lawn and gave licence to all those already teeter-tottering on the brink of insanity.

which reminds me... my first f-i-l; generally intelligent and really smart with money, electronics, d-i-y stuff and pretty much whatever you'd ask, he had the answer for, or shortly had found out. so, what does he say one day: "well, as for africa... i don't see why we should have worked our arses off for centuries and then just hand all that information to them."

:think:

cockney, learned everything the hard way. rough life and at one point had 3 jobs going to feed his 8 kids brood without having their mother working. ok, so my question would be, of course....
yogi

Post by yogi »

Ohhh, I dunno. If every generation had to start learning things from scratch, we would still be living in caves.

Give me a minute to figure out what's downside of that. :lol:
pilvikki

Post by pilvikki »

on the other hand, even cave people taught their kids or we'd not have lasted very long: "no! don't pet that kitty!" :lol:
yogi

Post by yogi »

I think the quality of life we have today, dismal as it is, is much higher than those cave men. But we may have reached a plateau. Not a lot of kids expect to be better off than there parents these days.